Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Oct 19, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,802 of 2,161
I bet that when people with more experience than me will listen to these rhapsody 4 are going to be completely blown away you'll see, but if the 5 drivers are better omg 
eek.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #1,804 of 2,161

But then nobody would buy any other headphones! :wink:
I'll definitely mention it even though he probably heard it a thousand times before. The great thing about Jochen is that he listens to his customers and constantly improves his work. Even if it means updating an existing headphone. I doubt that there are many companies out there that would do it for their customers.
Plus you have an amazing support!

But if you'll have a chance you should listen to the SD3's, they have an insane soundstage!

That's what I have read about the SD3's, massive soundstage. It's the only thing I miss with my old IE8's I had previously. The general consensus regards the SD3's is that it suffers from bloated bass that runs into the mids and are also rolled off, big no no in my book.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #1,805 of 2,161

harder hitting bass and ever so more forward mids.

This is how i hear my fa 4e (revision) compared to the rhapsody despite the insane detail levels and the unmatched treble I think i prefer the warmish of my version at least for the type of music I listen to, i really like the rhapsody but find them a bit boring compared to my new fa 4e 
rolleyes.gif
 ...hope the 5's retain the passion of the fa 4e and take it to the next level.

Tomorrow I'll leave the rhapsody in the post office bye bye 

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #1,806 of 2,161
Hello

Has anyone heard both of these in-ears? I have the IE8 now, but would love som more sparkle in the treble and more details. Would it be an upgrade to get the Fischer's? 
I listen to a wide range of music, and wouldnt want to miss a lot of bass and the big soundstage like the IE8 has gotten. But would also be nice to have a bit less midbass. I will be using my Fiio X3 as a source and FLAC files.

Best regards Frank

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #1,807 of 2,161
  Hello

Has anyone heard both of these in-ears? I have the IE8 now, but would love som more sparkle in the treble and more details. Would it be an upgrade to get the Fischer's? 
I listen to a wide range of music, and wouldnt want to miss a lot of bass and the big soundstage like the IE8 has gotten. But would also be nice to have a bit less midbass. I will be using my Fiio X3 as a source and FLAC files.

Best regards Frank

Allow me here to explain that I had the IE8's and yes I don't think you will ever experience a soundstage as big as they offer, period. Where they do fail and fail well is everywhere else. The bass is bloated and flabby and it does bleed into the midrange. The treble is rolled off and lacking in detail and sparkle. For my part I miss that huge soundstage that the IE8's offered, although in the end it's only that it offers. The Fischers while not perfect in my opinion destroy the Senns hands down. The FA4's have far more detail and sparkle up top while getting close to the IE8's bottom end without the depth. Midrange is also much clearer and present. I have not regretted my purchase for one second although wait for my perfect phone to come along (who isn't?).
Hope this helps.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #1,811 of 2,161
I read it somewhere in this thread that the FA-4 E XB sounds more or less like the UE Triplefi 10? I had bought some a couple of years ago, but had to return them because I absolutely didnt like them! Way to sharp treble and overall to "metallic" sound signature for my taste. How is the FA-4 E XB compared to them? 

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #1,812 of 2,161
The FA4 has different trble than the TF10. They are similar in that they both have a mildly u-shaped signature, but the FA4 is less colored/more neutral and has less midbass, with treble emphasis coming in lower than the TF10. This makes it sound a bit more "etched" and highlights detail, but it isn't as "shiny" sounding as the TF10, and its midrange is more neutral IMO. I actually prefer the TF10 by a hair, personally, I think it has absolutely ideal bass quantity and I like the "shiny" sound, but the FA4 is more neutral and all-around superior from a technical standpoint.
I read it somewhere in this thread that the FA-4 E XB sounds more or less like the UE Triplefi 10? I had bought some a couple of years ago, but had to return them because I absolutely didnt like them! Way to sharp treble and overall to "metallic" sound signature for my taste. How is the FA-4 E XB compared to them? 

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,815 of 2,161
You are right there are no 4-E but it's still confusing to people who are looking to buy a pair and may end up with a 3-E due to cheaper price and being disappointed with their lack of bass.

XB = Extended Bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back