Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Sep 25, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #1,749 of 2,161
I just hope they clear up the sound a touch bring the mids forward with more detail and edge better sub bass less mid bass I'l be sold. Still miss em but not so much the dunu 2000s have kept me going quite nicely but that smooth lovely treble I still miss.... 

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #1,751 of 2,161
How is the dunu bass? Is very little in quantity compared with the fa 4e?

It is but its not quite as simple as that. Best way to describe it is the dunu have better sub bass extension whilst the FA-4e have more of a meaty slam. I used to be a bass head suppose I still am. The dunu have made me realize how much quality accounts for musical enjoyment for me. They are not perfect but they have such a clarity, quality and balance I'm finding it hard to find anything that can match it anywhere in its price bracket. 

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #1,752 of 2,161
I guess the dunu 2000 won't work for me due the music genres I listen to mainly indie stuff
And the fact that I love the revision of the fa 4e :) but I have an eye on the new 5 driver model hope the price will be around 100 euros more than the fa 4e but that's too optimistic

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #1,753 of 2,161
Hum I'd probably agree tbh they are great but some genres and songs they are just a little brutal. I actual got my hands on some shure se846s honestly not impressed for the asking price there good but I don't know why so many have hyped it :frowning2:. Even tried it out of the Chord Hugo great dac but still nothing that wowed me. Don't get me wrong I'm not bad mouthing shure its just imo they didn't put a smile on my face great bass though. 

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #1,755 of 2,161
Indeed honestly if the Dunu had more treble extension whilst taming the slightly edgy part of it and added a touch of thickness to the note presentation a little mid bass think it would be an overall smash hit with just about most people.  Some of the flaws I mentioned are why it really can make this earphone a Marmite type of earphone you ether love it or hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back