Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jul 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,561 of 2,161
That's odd...I find the energy in the FA4's treble comes in lower, which makes it more apt to splash into the mids and cause sibilance, whereas the SM3 sans filters peaks closer to 10k by my estimate, and just sounds a bit sharp sometimes, not unlike my DT770. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to lower treble. Or maybe you have older ears :wink:

Also I will say the emphasis on lower treble makes them sound a tad radio-like at higher volumes.

Don't read me wrong: I use my FA4 for hours every day, they are great earphones and I really enjoy them. But like any other phone they have their weaknesses.

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #1,564 of 2,161
I think this situation is spiraling out of control. I don't mistrust Gilly87's judgement. But I did get the impression that he trusts his own ears and comes to conclusions very quickly. I would agree with something vwinter (?) Said a long time ago, it just got stuck in my mind and continued to grow on me. To sum it up the FA-4E are so good on a technical level that the few flaws it has gets very emphasized. Compared to other phones it can beat them in every department but still sound a bit off which could bother you. But if you break the sound down, there's not much they're doing wrong.

I do find they sound better with 3rd party tips and a good source. The dark-/softness is easily rectified with a good, clear DAC/Amp and trying different tips. Also a different cable could improve them by a few percents.

I understand that you're worried TripleFi since it's a big purchase. But there are a few things you can do with pairings etc to make the FA-4E sound the way you want. From warm, soft, more lower mid-ish to more neutral but with a strong sub bass. The inherent sound signature is a tad bass emphasized and slightly V-shaped, a bit soft sounding but with presentation that focuses on balance and the whole picture. There are a lot of things written earlier. You should read what others have said before.

Hope.you find what you're looking for.

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #1,565 of 2,161
I think this situation is spiraling out of control. I don't mistrust Gilly87's judgement. But I did get the impression that he trusts his own ears and comes to conclusions very quickly.

Yes I do trust my own ears; I hope everyone does :p Otherwise how would we know what we like? Isn't that what this is all about?

I realize my first and second impressions were hasty but I've had the FA4 for around a month now and my impressions are fairly settled. I hope my opinion is not discounted simply because I am critical.

I would agree with something vwinter (?) Said a long time ago, it just got stuck in my mind and continued to grow on me. To sum it up the FA-4E are so good on a technical level that the few flaws it has gets very emphasized. Compared to other phones it can beat them in every department but still sound a bit off which could bother you.

I agree with this very much.

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #1,566 of 2,161
Can anybody say whats the different from FA-3E XB and FA-4E XB.
Got some FA-4E XB one month ago, but right side was damaged, so hard to say
whether I like them.

Now i rent some JH-16 fequenzy demos and got some FA-3E XB Demos (wrong delivery). :frowning2:
Normal i want test JH-16 and FA-4E and look what i buy:

FA-4E XB for 400€
Unique Melody (untested) für 750€
JH-16 für 1169€

Need some replacement for UE Tripple Fi 10
Have some Westone Um 30 Pro and testet some Shure 535  from friend
and dont like them.

Jul 4, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #1,568 of 2,161
I just ordered a pair of fa-4 e xb. On the first page, there are a pair of custom sleeves attachted to the fa4. Are these um56? Does anyone know if um56 fits the fa4? 
I have a pair of old um56 that I would like to try if it's possible.

Jul 4, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #1,571 of 2,161
For me the sound of custom tips is by far the best compared to the stock tips but other user reported didn't like the sound of silicone custom tips and opted to made them on acrylic he said the sound of acrylic was way better

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #1,572 of 2,161
So. I heared 6 Hours the FA-3E XB - With the original foam, double and triplle flags.
The sound is with tripple is the best for me. (but lost my white silicone from Tripple Fi, they was great)

On PC the sound is good, on HTC One, too (better then SE 535 and UM 30 Pro). With some
options in Viper4Audio they are better (from neutral to mega deep-bass-monster).

But i miss something and hope the FA4 have this change from good to great.

JH 16 Freqphase - Eargasm (seal made some problems, when i got seal WHOOOOO). WHY TO HELL I ORDERD THEM.
After them, the FA-3E are shi... Fxxk Me. Should  take 5-10mg lorazepam and hope i got memory loss!

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #1,573 of 2,161
Guys received my new set of fa 4e xb warranty relacement and it sounds noticeable better than my old fa 4e xb

I asked Jochen if my old was defective or they tuned it differently and that's what he told me:

Hi Pablo,

we change a small thing in the cutoff-frequencies from the crossover in the high/mid section.

Cool when you like this.

Best regards

I don't know exactly when they started to improve this

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #1,575 of 2,161
I'm talking about the fa 4e xb there is not fa 4e :)

Can confirm this unit sounds amazing, this unit sounds more alive and clear with better detail, there is no veil at all sound is super bright prone to zero sibilance and very very natural

The nozzle seems bigger and the inside shell is not transparent also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back