Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jun 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #1,518 of 2,161
The phone sounds harsh with the FA4 minus tweaks, still more 3D than the TF10 but revealing what I'd guess are impedance spikes due to the amp being jacked all the way up. With the audio tweaks, digital volume is increased and analog/amp gain is decreased, which eliminates a bunch of distortion and harshness/unevenness, and it sounds much smoother with a more coherent soundstage, blacker background, and better imaging. Definitely wouldn't recommend using the Nexus 5 with these unless you can root and use Faux kernel.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #1,519 of 2,161
  Holy crap! 

If you like em go for the fa 4e the merlins are much more expensive...

Yes 399€ to 759€. The Question is this price Up-Grade worth?

I like the sound from the Triple Fi 10 and JH 13 Pro. The FA 4E XB (The Left side) hears something like better TF10  (not 100% so deep bass, but hard to say, when only one side work correct) but not so good as the JH 13 Demos i tried 3 years ago. Didnt buy the JH 13 only, because i reduces my weight at this time. 144kg->100kg (thats point was self reward with customs).  75kg was goal. But the seller said thats to much and they possible loose the seal then.

Now i weight 84 Kilo (changes between max. 94kg to min. 75kg in some months are normal  for me). They said +/- 10 kg are ok, but no more. My mothorcyle was stolen 15 days ago
and get some money from the vehilce insurance. Theoretically, I have 3000€ for In-Ears, but but I am not sorry if something is left for an Kawasaki ER-6N :wink:

I got some UM3X and later the UM 30 Pro (Exchange warrenty), there are good and fits great (better then Shure and 50 times better then TF-10) but
i dont like the sound (with Viper4Android i can change them so, thats the sound hits my taste 85%). FA-4E XB out of the box are 90% (i think, right side was to quiet, and hade much more lesser bass) and JH-13 around 97%

Friend buyed Shure SE-535 and i heard them yesterday. My Ranking:
JH-13 Audio Demos
Fischer Amps FA 4E XB
Stage 3 Demos (german customs)
UE Triple Fi 10
UE 11 Pro Demos (to much bass, demos fits not good)
Shure SE-535
Westone UM30 Pro (UM3X)
Shure SE-425
UE 700
Shure SE-215

Intresing: JH-16 Pro or frequenzyphase (whats different), UM Merlin (but dealer have no demos, only from Melody) reviews read something like Triple Fi on steroid.
Shure SE-846 (But for the price i got some good customs, too)

Jun 12, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #1,520 of 2,161
You can get customs here in Europe like the se5 from Spiral ear, Em32 from earsonics custom art harmony 8 drivers or wait for cosmic ears ba6 those are suposed to be as good or better than the others you mented. In fact the se 5 from Spiral ear is rated among the best customs (it's five drivers five way crossover) but price is around 1300 euros undoubtley all will sound better than the fa 4e but the fa with a good after market cable and the right set of tips won't be so far and yoi can save tons of money if you are happy with them but if you have cash and want the best go for a very good set of customs of course you will need good source too( my fa 4e sounds incredible with my dx 50 and my amp, way better than an iphone 5 for ex) anyway the cosmic ears ba 6 will cost around 425£ so if you can wait a bit

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #1,521 of 2,161
You can get customs here in Europe like the se5 from Spiral ear, Em32 from earsonics custom art harmony 8 drivers or wait for cosmic ears ba6 those are suposed to be as good or better than the others you mented. In fact the se 5 from Spiral ear is rated among the best customs (it's five drivers five way crossover) but price is around 1300 euros undoubtley all will sound better than the fa 4e but the fa with a good after market cable and the right set of tips won't be so far and yoi can save tons of money if you are happy with them but if you have cash and want the best go for a very good set of customs of course you will need good source too( my fa 4e sounds incredible with my dx 50 and my amp, way better than an iphone 5 for ex) anyway the cosmic ears ba 6 will cost around 425£ so if you can wait a bit

Agreed also if you have your heart set on a pair of customs check out the Kaiser 10 by Noble amazing customer service and apparently a masterpiece can't wait to hear them next month with the Chord Hugo all being well ! I'll post some impressions 
wink_face.gif

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #1,522 of 2,161

Hmm, Spiral Ear was ne for me. But when i buy customs, i want hear some demos before. Do they send some?
From JH-Audio, UE is no problem in germany to get some from Adam Dapas Shop and when its possible i want buy there. Shop an service is great (covered advertising incomming :wink:

He have some BA4 Demos, too. But none from BA5, he selling it and cheaper than the BA4...

Read the Thread from Cosmic Ears a little, think the BA4 are not mine (to neural, what i reed) and from BA5 i
cant find one review...

Is there an release date for the BA6 or an prototype review somewhere?

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #1,523 of 2,161
Didn't receive the w40( have to wait till monday
frown.gif
 ) but received the null audio arete cable instead, first impressions couldn't be more positive way better sound than the pearl cable from effect studio, much more flexible than the effect pearl, feels premiun... highly recommendable take the fa 4e to another level in sound and ergonomics.

Sound is similar to the stock but everything sounds better specially detail, transparency and soundstage, bass is deeper and more controlled.

Jun 13, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #1,525 of 2,161
with the arete bass is more controlled sound is brighter but a bit less punchy than with the stock it's also important to mark this. Treble is also more extended brighter but less harsh

Highly recommendable

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #1,526 of 2,161
  I wonder why there aren't more custom cables with mics and remotes...

Because of impedance problems between left and right.

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #1,528 of 2,161
Yikes brighter? They're already moderately sibilant to my ears...
with the arete bass is more controlled sound is brighter but a bit less punchy than with the stock it's also important to mark this. Treble is also more extended brighter but less harsh

Highly recommendable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back