Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
May 19, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #1,411 of 2,161
Hi, sorry iam to lazy to read the complete thread. Iam searchin new IEMs as replacement für 
my broken Tripple Fi 10. Source is an HTC One (**** sound without Viper4audio), but replace it to M8  or new Iphone in two months

I have some:
Denon AH D7000
Westone UM 30 Pro
Shure SE215 (Weekend i can borrow some SE425)

Selled: Sennheiser HD-650, Denoen AH D 5000, UE 700

Know Demos from:
UE-11 Pro
JH Audio 13 (my favorites)
Rhine custom Stage 3

Ich serach somthing with:
- Bass like Triple Fi 10 (but better mids, highs)
- Fits like Westone UM-30 Pro (Triple Fi was hell, Shure are, ok, when i hear under 3 hours))
- Price max around 500€
- Cable replacment possible

Can somebody compere it with the headphons i know and say iam happy with the Fischer
Amps :xf_eek:r not :)

Aternative that are in mi mind: Remolded Triple Fi , but my are complete brokenn and i have buy some new one (to expencive)
BA4 BA5 from Cosmic Ears, but cant find an good review and 4/5 Driver Customs for under 500€  made me suspicious...

Iam open for alternatives, too

May 19, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #1,413 of 2,161
  Hi, sorry iam to lazy to read the complete thread. Iam searchin new IEMs as replacement für 
my broken Tripple Fi 10. Source is an HTC One (**** sound without Viper4audio), but replace it to M8  or new Iphone in two months

I have some:
Denon AH D7000
Westone UM 30 Pro
Shure SE215 (Weekend i can borrow some SE425)

Selled: Sennheiser HD-650, Denoen AH D 5000, UE 700

Know Demos from:
UE-11 Pro
JH Audio 13 (my favorites)
Rhine custom Stage 3

Ich serach somthing with:
- Bass like Triple Fi 10 (but better mids, highs)
- Fits like Westone UM-30 Pro (Triple Fi was hell, Shure are, ok, when i hear under 3 hours))
- Price max around 500€
- Cable replacment possible

Can somebody compere it with the headphons i know and say iam happy with the Fischer
Amps :xf_eek:r not :)

Aternative that are in mi mind: Remolded Triple Fi , but my are complete brokenn and i have buy some new one (to expencive)
BA4 BA5 from Cosmic Ears, but cant find an good review and 4/5 Driver Customs for under 500€  made me suspicious...

Iam open for alternatives, too

The ba 5 has not been released yet hence the lack of reviews.  If you pop into the ce thread you'll see nothing but glowing comments for the most part for CE's service.  That said this is the fa thread and so I would just point to ordering from thomann.de try them out and return if you do not like them.

May 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #1,414 of 2,161
The ba5 was released a guy from the spanish forum had it

If you liked the triple fi it's said the fa 4e are a first class triple fi 10, you have to be quite an audiophile maniac to not like em 
biggrin.gif
 I'm using them straight out my ibasso dx 50 and with the stock cable (nothing more), waiting for a good after market cable and the batteries for my amp and still surprising me how good these sound

May 20, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,415 of 2,161
Hi.

I've allready own the 1964Q and the UM miracle.

I just bought it second-hand as back-up until my miracle is back.

The 1964 Q is broken and the miracle need a refit so i can't make A-B compare.

keep that in mind to relativize wy words

I also use to have a super fi-5 pro , my first IEM but no triple fi.

i'm using a DX50 flat.

cons :

the FA 4 is a bit too bassy for my taste with the stock triflange, with bi-flange and simple, it does stay well in my ear.

i'm using the Earportz for one day and it seems to be the right one, still a bit too mutch .

pro :

very consistent bass deep, speed and detailed, better than the miracle, the best i've heard so far.

medium and treble are very detailed, good soundstage, good aeration but maybe under CIEM, no sibilance.

maybe trebleis  not as refined as the miracle.

very revealing but less tolerant for bad recording (as always with transparent system).

For me, it's is better than the 1964Q especially in the high medium .

the 1964 Q with the CK4 needed good correction in high medium, lower treble to be listenable, flat it was simply not possible.

a pretty good value for the money.

sorry for english, i'm french.

May 20, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #1,416 of 2,161
Glad to read you flegendre :) do you know TN ?

May 21, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #1,417 of 2,161
Yep, we'veallready discussed together in private :)

May 22, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #1,419 of 2,161
  The ba5 was released a guy from the spanish forum had it

If you liked the triple fi it's said the fa 4e are a first class triple fi 10, you have to be quite an audiophile maniac to not like em 
biggrin.gif
 I'm using them straight out my ibasso dx 50 and with the stock cable (nothing more), waiting for a good after market cable and the batteries for my amp and still surprising me how good these sound

Hmm, sounds good. Tested yesterday the Shure 425 from an friend and was surprised. He want buy some SE525 now
With Ipad they sounds very good, on Nexus 5 very bad and HTC One ok (better than my Westone)

At Home i use my Pc with Asus Xonar Essence, but on the way i use only an HTC One or Galaxy Note 3.
Have you tested them with an Android Phone, too?

@flegndre
Dont know the Super Fi 5, but my friend hade them and heared my Tripple Fi, too.
He said the Tripple Fi 10 have much more bass.

@davidcotton
Or i use the demo rent service from mp4audio. But i know me, than i order some JH-16 and Stage 4.... too,
and my wife kill me, when i buy one from them :wink:

May 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #1,421 of 2,161
  I have the ear ports I shall not comment on sound as I  really don't want to swap from my beloved star tips by Westone. However I will say that fit maybe an issue and also as kurdt mentioned the isolation is pretty shocking something you may wish to consider. As for the cable not really worth it but there is a noticeable change in sound quality.  

+1 to my new favourite: the Westone Star Tips on the FA-4E. To me first impressions compared to previous favourite Sony MH1 hybrid tips is increased mid-bass, little bit less subbass, add a bit of warmth and forwardness to the mids, soundstage not as open, less isolation. And they really are comfy.

And I think this holds true for FA-4E, after personally tried various tips on it, an insight from ericp10:
  Just peeking in fellas - with some comments - since I've been getting a bunch of inboxes. If I don't answer you right away it's because I have kept to my word and don't look in much (even if it's showing me online). But let me throw a few things out to those who have similar new toys:

- Whereas a wider nozzle tips generally make dynamic driver earphones shine more and brings out most of the details, I've found just the opposite with universal BA earphones. It seems like the narrow diameter opening tips actually work better and bring out more details with BAs to my ears (with the Heaven V being the exception and having an opposite effect). With that stated, what happens when you have a wide nozzle BA earphone like the dual Doppios? I've been putting wide bore silicon and foam tips on it with mixed results. But the other day I tried the narrower extra-large Sony Hybrid tips on it, and Whoa!!!! The details pushed through, plus giving me the best bass response (sub bass) I've heard since SM2. Give it a try (after burn in).

- Tried the Triple-fi 10 silicon tips on the TE-05 and V last night. Worked very good with both, but I preferred it on the V. Thickened the sound even more with great clarity and detail still. I still prefer the stock tips on TE-05.

- Still prefer the stock spiral silicon tips on the FX850 (which is phenomenal with about 150 hours on it now). Hands down it is my favorite universal earphone right now.

Happy Listening fellas (and ladies). Back to seclusion (lol) ....
beerchug.gif

May 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #1,422 of 2,161
  +1 to my new favourite: the Westone Star Tips on the FA-4E. To me first impressions compared to previous favourite Sony MH1 hybrid tips is increased mid-bass, little bit less subbass, add a bit of warmth and forwardness to the mids, soundstage not as open, less isolation. And they really are comfy.

And I think this holds true for FA-4E, after personally tried various tips on it, an insight from ericp10:

Damn straight 

May 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #1,424 of 2,161
I would like to disagree on the tip statement. My (limited) experience says that using a tip with a diameter that fits the nozzle gets you the best sound. I've instead found that while hybrids are made of a material that enhances bass and upper mids/treble to put it grossly generalize, the diameter makes iems with wider nozzles sound just a tad less spacious. ASG-2, UE900 and FA-4E all reproduce that. While a wider bore tip like meelec balanced or auvio or just stock single flanges will sound a bit more open (disregarding frequency response and just listening to spatial details).

The sensorcom biflanges also suffer from this, they take away some of the openness. However they do reproduce frequencies very well and have a good balance. I believe that using tips of the diameter the manufacturer chose to include will yield the best results. Then it's also about material and seal. I love the newer hybrids but think they tend to sound a bit narrow and harsh on some iems. But fitting smaller tips on my iems always made me hear a smaller, less ambient soundstage. One that feels more focused and less open. Detailing is roughly the same to my ears except for the purely FR-related details.

May 23, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #1,425 of 2,161
For me the worst problem with tips like the sensorcom or star tips it's that they tend to come out from the nozzle but both sound really good, I also agree with Moon that soundstage tend to be closer when the diameter of the tip is smaller than the nozzle. 

The best sq tips I've found in my mega tour are the earportz pro guard in L but the crappy isolation make me come back to the mh1c tips  which provide me the best fit+isolation+sq 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back