Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
May 8, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #1,381 of 2,161
Currently I use FA-4 with green sony hybrids straight from dx90 and this combo sounds amazing. Music feels very dynamic. Stock tips don´t isolate as good as sony hybrids. 
How sounds proguard earportz vs. sony hybrids? 
Now I considering better cable and this Null Audio Arete looks really nice! 
tongue.gif

May 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #1,382 of 2,161
I did a quick a-b between green hybrids and earportz, the earportz sound quite better to me stage is wider, clearer, detailed and deeper bass but isolation is as bad as anything but sq is the best I've heard, I've also received the ortofon tips and didn't like em kind of sensorcom but with less bass, to me earportz are the real deal id you don't mind the isolation issue

Waiting for my arete :)

May 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #1,383 of 2,161
Thanks Kurdt-bada
smily_headphones1.gif
 Maybe I give earportz a chance, stage on FA-4 is not biggest and I also like clearer sound. I read comparison between Lune and Arete cable in Average_Joe thread and it seems that Lune cable is better for me. FA-4 with a touch more mids and tighter more controlled bass would be end game IEM for me 
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #1,385 of 2,161
I have the ear ports I shall not comment on sound as I  really don't want to swap from my beloved star tips by Westone. However I will say that fit maybe an issue and also as kurdt mentioned the isolation is pretty shocking something you may wish to consider. As for the cable not really worth it but there is a noticeable change in sound quality.  

May 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #1,387 of 2,161
Did you order all sizes? because in my case only the L size give me the sq talked

Isolation is pretty shocking yes they isolate less than my ex1000, don't understand why in the package said improved isolation Xd. But at home they do the trick, outside I use sony mh1c tips or monster tri flanges anyway tried many tips and I can say the pro guard beat all of them in sq

May 8, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,389 of 2,161
Hi

This is question for people who upgrade from the stock cable.

What termination i'm supposed to order ?

if i take the nocturnal audio hydra 4
http://store.treoo.com/main/nocturnal-audio-hydra-4-conductor-silver-copper-hybrid-custom-cable.html

or

the forza audioworks hydrid IEM
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=75

or
hpl carbide
http://hplaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=203

thanks

May 8, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #1,390 of 2,161
JH westone style will work fine or triple fi which i have on mine just a touch big. As for the cable highly recommend hpl audio hybrid if you email Chris you might get a nice discount too. Great guy great cables great aftercare. 

May 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #1,391 of 2,161
I did a quick a-b between green hybrids and earportz, the earportz sound quite better to me stage is wider, clearer, detailed and deeper bass but isolation is as bad as anything but sq is the best I've heard, I've also received the ortofon tips and didn't like em kind of sensorcom but with less bass, to me earportz are the real deal id you don't mind the isolation issue

Waiting for my arete
smily_headphones1.gif

Interesting and sold on the idea. The Green hybrids I currently use and think are very good. Will order.

Also, people do not go crazy on after market cables. You are paying a fortune for very little if any improvement to sound quality. You are better off initially ordering a model higher up in the manufacturers range. One of the cables listed in post 1389 are listed at 139 Euros. This is lunacy, get customs tips you are better of.

May 9, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #1,392 of 2,161
I'm back... I buy again the FA4
beyersmile.png
I'm waiting for them, my friend told me he gives me them in Juny. I still think those are one of the best universal IEM I have ever buy and I'm still thinking to reshell them thanks to Piotr from Custom Art.

May 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #1,393 of 2,161
If they keep the signature improved and the fit and look is better I'll consider it, I can reshell them here in silicone too but no detachable cables :frowning2: only acrilic with rc but 190 euros...

The fa 4e in silicone with detachable cables, awesome!

Yep Cecala hope the sound of earportz will be the same for everybody, but compared to green hybrids sound is clearly better

In btw sent a msn to btg audio to recable my broken non rc um3x still waiting though but for 45 $ I can wait :)

May 11, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,394 of 2,161
Okay, so this is an off topic question but I'm hoping someone could still help. My friend had a listen to the FA-4s and really likes them, but they are completely out of his price range. Can anyone recommend a much cheaper IEM he could purchase with a similar sound signature? The only ones I could suggest are too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back