Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Feb 28, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,201 of 2,161
I was using UE900s and after second set failed had to choose something else,to be fair to Logitech they refunded my money in full as I was told by Logitech UK that they were being phased out.

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #1,204 of 2,161
Get any cable that's cheap and works I'm sure if will be fine fnkcow. Just don't do what I did n spend a £150 on a cable ! So not worth it lol who wants to say I told ya so :-@ Ha. Well it's not a bad I've got a great cable just needs a good partner to be married with. The synergy between the amps and this cable is underwhelming to say the least but oh well :frowning2:

May have made a mistake with the polarity of the cables, we shall see when I arrive home so don't take the aforementioned information on board just yet.

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,208 of 2,161
I think they fail to sound as open and transparent as the meelec balanced. They have some more harshness as well but the bass is powerful, the mids are clearer and they fit like a glove. But again, I love my meelec balanced with a pair of soundtubes from comply tips to make the fit easier and seal better in my ears.

Edit: Also. This is from memory. The reasons I remember not wanting to use them. I revisited the ones I did like a month ago or so and still found them to sound quite similar to my memories of them.

To my ears these are good matches:
Meelec balanced - open, transparent, less mid bassy
Sensorcom biflanges - deep bass and quite a lot of mid bass, quite transparent, good treble, not as open.
MH1C hybrids - strong bass response, good balance in mids, a bit aggressive less open and more directed but still good placement.
Comply TS500 - Softer sound, comply-ish bass texture, bass lines really stand out. Upper mids are softer and more relaxed. Treble is a bit more subdued.

Not as good:
Auvio tips - a bit harsh, strooong bass response, sound veiled in the upper mids and lower mids take over. A bit sibilant treble.
Comply T500 - sound like a more claustrophobic version of TS500 I prefer TS500 over T500.
UE900 single flanges - quite similar to auvio tips.
Generic stock single flanges - bassy, veiled upper mids. A v-shaped signature that's also quite fatigue free but I think there are better options.

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #1,209 of 2,161
I think they fail to sound as open and transparent as the meelec balanced. They have some more harshness as well but the bass is powerful, the mids are clearer and they fit like a glove. But again, I love my meelec balanced with a pair of soundtubes from comply tips to make the fit easier and seal better in my ears.

Edit: Also. This is from memory. The reasons I remember not wanting to use them. I revisited the ones I did like a month ago or so and still found them to sound quite similar to my memories of them.

To my ears these are good matches:
Meelec balanced - open, transparent, less mid bassy
Sensorcom biflanges - deep bass and quite a lot of mid bass, quite transparent, good treble, not as open.
MH1C hybrids - strong bass response, good balance in mids, a bit aggressive less open and more directed but still good placement.
Comply TS500 - Softer sound, comply-ish bass texture, bass lines really stand out. Upper mids are softer and more relaxed. Treble is a bit more subdued.

Not as good:
Auvio tips - a bit harsh, strooong bass response, sound veiled in the upper mids and lower mids take over. A bit sibilant treble.
Comply T500 - sound like a more claustrophobic version of TS500 I prefer TS500 over T500.
UE900 single flanges - quite similar to auvio tips.
Generic stock single flanges - bassy, veiled upper mids. A v-shaped signature that's also quite fatigue free but I think there are better options.

Wow thanks for the detailed tip comparisons! This info is very useful indeed since I have most of the tips mentioned 

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #1,210 of 2,161
Didn't try the the meelec balanced but completely agree with the decription of the other tips mented I'd say my favourites are the sensorcom and the mh1c right now, the detail and transparency with sensorcom is crazy and the mh1c tips have kick ass bass with good detail and treble.

The stock silicone tips sound awful

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #1,211 of 2,161
And of course. We're talking about MY EARS and my experiences. Not scientific fact. I can understand why people like MH1C hybrids and sensorcom biflanges. Habe yet to try the Westone tips but I doubt that tips with a narrow opening can sound good with the FA's.

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #1,213 of 2,161
Westone Star Tips are super flexible and durable. Whoa they can really streeeeeettch! Only if there are actual hard hollow tubes to enforce the opening diameter to be wider it would have been perfect...

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #1,214 of 2,161
Are these the Sony mh1c tips you people refer to?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394504617&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+mh1c+tips

Also as people have tried the Sensorcom Bi flange variety is there any difference between these and the tri flange type?

41xF4tOFNqL.jpg

Double_Flanged_Eartips.jpg
Triple%20Flanged.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back