Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Oct 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #541 of 2,161
  Am no good at giving impressions, but will try, so please take them with a grain of salt. My set up is ipod touch 4th gen - venturecraft go dap dd 12v le(muses02) - apex glacier - fa4exb

Bass has good presence and extends deep without ever being overpowering. It is well controlled. Mids are clear and vocals are forward compared to my ie80's. Instrument separation is also better, makes rock more enjoyable.  Treble has enough sparkle without sounding sibilant. Has more presence than my ie80's but don't seem to sound as natural (could be cause they are ba's)? They are more detailed than my ie80's. Soundstage is not as wide as the ie80's.

Build quality of the shells and comfort are really good. Not a fan of the cable, much prefer the one on the ie80's. Please note my ie80's have been moded with the tape mod and bass dial is set to the middle.

Thank you. I am coming from the IE8's which I took a displeasure to after some time. The only attribute forthcoming to me was the soundstage, everything else was mediocre.
So this is good and welcome news to me. Regarding your comment about the phones presence not sounding natural to you I think you need to adjust to the new sound or un-program your brain from the IE80's. Give it some time.

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #544 of 2,161
  That also has to do with the nature of them, the IE80 being very open compared to the closed shell of the FA-4E. The IE8 is just like that. Incredibly wide, very poor isolation.

Good point, time to start modding the Fa's. Who is willing to drill a massive hole right through the shell?
biggrin.gif

Drillbits.jpg
or
Oilfield-Drilling-Tci-Drill-Bit.jpg

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #546 of 2,161
so tempted to try, not sure if we could find sillier mods around here but it wouldn't surprise me to find a few 
atsmile.gif

I would not dare. Fun aside, according to all positive posts I've read here the Fischers have been fined tuned to perfection considering shell type and space.
Any mod would most likely destroy the sound signature and the phones themselves rendering them useless.

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #551 of 2,161
Dont worry you will find the cure soon at least in your hifi addiction xD

aha, all you need to do is marry and addiction will be cured with a cooking pan. :p

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #552 of 2,161
Moon, there are many great amps, question is what your source and how much you like to spend on amp?

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #555 of 2,161
Hello,

I began to search in the forum where I can pick them up and see what is the official price but I haven't found.

Can someone tell me the best place for buying them?

Except this, I did not find anything.

Is price correct?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/fischer_amps_fa_4e_xb_grey.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back