First time luxury IEM buyer.
Sep 8, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #31 of 48
Left the vega running overnight at high volume. Came back this afternoon, and the mids are clearer and forward.
Bass is less boomy. These are absolutely worth the asking price.
Ordered the sony NW-ZX300 and a 4.4mm balanced cable from campfire.
Now must wait patiently.

Sep 9, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #32 of 48
I've had the Vega and ZX300 combo for about 2 months and I've been nothing but pleased with the combo. I have the Cowon D player as well but havent used it with the Vega because balanced on the ZX300 has me rolling through my whole music collection with pure joy. This combo sounds just as good and in some ways better than any desktop setup I've had. Andromeda B stock coming in tomorrow. Good audio times to come.

Sep 9, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #33 of 48
I've had the Vega and ZX300 combo for about 2 months and I've been nothing but pleased with the combo. I have the Cowon D player as well but havent used it with the Vega because balanced on the ZX300 has me rolling through my whole music collection with pure joy. This combo sounds just as good and in some ways better than any desktop setup I've had. Andromeda B stock coming in tomorrow. Good audio times to come.
Man I am so glad to hear that.
I kid you not, I was cooking dinner last night, and on came a rodrigo Gabriella track, and the next thing I know, i am full out jamming and dancing on my kitchen floor. My cat was looking at me like i had lost my mind.
This was with a cowon plenue d.
I for the life of me cannot wait for the sony to get here.
And after hearing what you have to say, I should have paid for Express shipping, maybe I can tag that on. :)

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #34 of 48
I love the sound, but these are literally blowing out my ear drums. I can't even use them for longer than an hour.
I can't listen to these long term without seriously damaging my hearing.
I am looking into custom monitors with adel or apex vent ports.
Do you guys have any experience with that?

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #35 of 48
I love the sound, but these are literally blowing out my ear drums. I can't even use them for longer than an hour.
I can't listen to these long term without seriously damaging my hearing.
I am looking into custom monitors with adel or apex vent ports.
Do you guys have any experience with that?

Lower the volume.

Sep 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #37 of 48
Returning the Vega. Gonna get an empire ears vantage.
Will get a custom 64 audio 12t with apex in 6 months and give the vantage to my sister.
Talked to empire ears, and they said their new line has a coating that helps to absorb excess vibrations and helps with listeners fatigue immensely.
Vega is nice, but no dice for my ear drums.

Sep 13, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #41 of 48
And kudos to campfire audio, they have been wonderful through all this. Great company, made the return process 100% hassle free.

Sep 13, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #42 of 48
Did you ever try the Andromeda? As a recent purchaser of them I can attest to their overall impressiveness!
I have given the andromeda serious thought. But I need a vented design, and I really like the bass of the vega and its musicality. I don't know if andromeda will be right for me. Maybe I can test it out somewhere in Los Angeles.

Sep 13, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #43 of 48
I have given the andromeda serious thought. But I need a vented design, and I really like the bass of the vega and its musicality. I don't know if andromeda will be right for me. Maybe I can test it out somewhere in Los Angeles.

I own both and Andromeda is definitely more neutral sounding. The bass that you will miss with Vega is that "wholeness" in the bass body that is now gone with Andromeda. This doesn't mean that the Andromeda doesn't dig deep. It does all the way to IEM rattling deep, but its body isn't as huge as Vega or Atlas. Andromeda edges out the Vega in mids but to me it's a tie in the treble department.

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #44 of 48
I've had the Andromeda B stock for a few days and I immediately liked its siganutre and put my fears to rest with more bass than I expected and no siblance. It sounded pretty good out of Mojo and was really jamming out of my Cowon D with the Maestro and BBE Headphone preset. While Mojo had quite a bit of hiss, Cowon D was dead silent. Best of all the fit is just as good as Vega for my ears filling out quite nicely.

Sep 14, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #45 of 48
I've had the Andromeda B stock for a few days and I immediately liked its siganutre and put my fears to rest with more bass than I expected and no siblance. It sounded pretty good out of Mojo and was really jamming out of my Cowon D with the Maestro and BBE Headphone preset. While Mojo had quite a bit of hiss, Cowon D was dead silent. Best of all the fit is just as good as Vega for my ears filling out quite nicely.
I am gonna try to demo the andromeda. I am sure I'll be able to find a place here that sells it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back