First thread - recommendation for IEMs for casual listening that can double as a phone headset.
Nov 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

napo

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

Newcomer to head-fi here. I'm looking for recommendations for IEMs/earbuds which I can use at home or when I travel or go running, both with PC+DAC and an Android phone. I'm a bit confused since most of the good stuff I see reviewed here all seems to be designed for listening and doesn't include a mike for taking calls. I want to treat myself to something better than the 6€ earbuds from a hawker's stand, but not go crazy - budget is around €60~80, possibly stretching it to €100.

As far as media I'll be listening to it's a mix of music (mostly tango, with occasionally some pop, rock or classical) and sometimes also while watching movies so I don't disturb my flatmates. My main headphones right now are a well-used pair of Sennheiser HD205 which I like but can't carry around everywhere. I like them for being clear without sounding tinny or bright on the highs and for decent bass without feeling "over-bassed". I thought of staying with Sennheiser and was interested in the Momentum in-ear, however reviews mention that the bass is a bit too much and the mid-range lacking. How much of a big deal is that?

Basically the must haves would be;
- In-ear, with silicone tips
- Sounds good (clear all over, a little stronger on the bass but not drowning all the rest and definitely not flat in the mids)
- Can take calls with a smartphone

Looking forward for suggestions!

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back