First set of cans: DT880 + E7/E9 combo
Mar 26, 2011 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pwnasaurus

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to the audiophile scene.  I'm looking to get my first pair of nice headphones!

I've been searching around for quite a while now, and after testing out some DT880 250 ohms, I found their comfort combined with their excellent sound to be just what I think I'm looking for.

I've decided that I think I'm going to go with the 600ohm premium version, along with an E7/E9 amp to power them.

I listen to predominantly classic/blues rock, along with some jazz and moves, as well as playing my guitar.  Do you guys think this setup will be a solid choice?  I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of sound due to the AMAZING comfort I found with these headphones.

Should I go for the 600ohm premium, or the 250ohm pro version?  The pro version looks like it's built a little nicer, with a more easily removable/replaceable headband.  I've also read that the pro version has a higher clamping force, but since the headband is steel is can be bent outward to make the clamping force the same as the premium version.  is this true?

If anyone can answer my questions, and if you have any suggested tweaks (different amp for around the same price point, or even a different option of cans), please let me know.  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back