First real headphones review: Sennheiser HD25-1I
Nov 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ajp120

Head-Fier
Finally got my HD25-1's in the mail. Opinions follow:

I really them them. First, the comfort is the best of anything I have tried. For the most part its like I am not wearing headphones.

The sound is very analytical and these are the first headphones where I can h.ear where each individual instrument is in the soundstage and separate them. I can tell exactly where the specific toms are on the drum kit that the drummer is hitting. 

The sound is much colder than my introductory N-Tunes and Monoprice 8323. I would say that the Monoprice are funner for most chillstep and liquidy dance music, but not by much. However, I listen to a lot of folk like Tallest Man on Earth, Mumford and Sons, and Bob Dlyan, and the HD25s are the first headphones to really excel in that genre, as well and "jangle pop."

One thing I do like about the a lot, too, is that they never really hurt my ears. With a lot of head phones I feel like physical sound waves are being forced into my head which starts to hurt/tire me over time. These have a more airy sound that never really hurts or fatigues me. 

I let my precocious 5 year old nephew listen to all my headphones and so far he has liked the HD25's the most. He says they are simply the most enjoyable of all of mine and they are the most "fun" and don't make his ears tired. 

One last question, how long for burn-in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back