First post, seeking help on Skullcandy HESH ANC
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

binovc

New Head-Fier
Thanks for allowing me to post!
I am by no means an audiophile, and this is the first headphones I've owned in many years (in my 60's).
I received as a gift Skullcandy HESH ANC. As I was learning how to use, I noticed that the unit disconnects from bluetooth when I attach the charging cable (USB-C) to any charging adapter.
I thought this was unusual, and assumed there was a problem with the headset.
I explained this to Skullcandy, and they exchanged for a different one. Same issue.
I exchanged again, third one, same issue.
Can anyone advise me if this is normal, or just a characteristic of this headphone model, or indeed I got 3 duds in a row?
I find it odd that Skullcandy continues to replace these headphones as defective unless they too believe it is a defect. If it is normal I would expect them to say so...
Thank you for advice.

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 5
It sounds like the Skullcandy HESH ANC can't be used (wirelessly) and charged at the same time. This is a fairly common thing, and is generally not considered a defect.

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks warrenpchi. I've been thinking the same thing, although I consider it a poor design limitation. I wonder how many new headsets they would send me before they realize they are replacing non-defective units...
Too bad the documentation does not mention this info.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks warrenpchi. I've been thinking the same thing, although I consider it a poor design limitation. I wonder how many new headsets they would send me before they realize they are replacing non-defective units...
Too bad the documentation does not mention this info.

At the very least you know they care about customer service, even if they don't know their own product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back