First pics of the iAudio X5L Nekked Edition!!!
Sep 13, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #47 of 59
A good sand down with 2000 grit paper and some polish would make it look 20 times better. Not a metal nerd though, so not sure how long the Aluminium would last. Anodising it would be the ultimate thing to do, but money is then a huge factor.

Sep 14, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #50 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPi
Even with "good" photography, I don't think this looks very nice... Sorry :|
This just looks a little too industrial. Kind of like you just found an old player in a garbage container and tried to clean it. Just out of curiosity, why didn't you brush the metal in _one_ specific way, as if to get a faux-stainless steel finish. I know I saw an iPod like this some time ago and it didn't look that bad. Maybe it isn't too late for your X5!

Yeah, just what I was thinking. Brushed stainless is brushed in one direction only.

Dec 23, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #51 of 59
I think it looks nice, really, and it might even look better if you work more on it. I quite like the original black design too, I don't know if I would dare doing that to my X5 ^^.

Dec 25, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #52 of 59
needs a bit more polishing IMO. maybe try 1500+ grit sandpaper? if not then just try sanding in one direction so it gives you that nice metal look (like some nice looking boxes for wallets etc etc).

Dec 25, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #53 of 59
Combine 2000 Grit Sandpaper with some polishing compound to smooth it out.

Dec 25, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #54 of 59
when you send it back for warranty, tell them you dont know what happened, you stuck it in your pocket with a set of keys and it came out like that. Then complain to them and recommend using more scratch resistant finish on future products.

btw I think it looks cool because its different. Doesnt comform to everyone else.

Dec 25, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #55 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
It looks... distressed.

I'd be bloody upset too!
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 9:59 AM Post #58 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
when you send it back for warranty, tell them you dont know what happened, you stuck it in your pocket with a set of keys and it came out like that. Then complain to them and recommend using more scratch resistant finish on future products.

Yaaaa! *rotflol*
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
btw I think it looks cool because its different. Doesnt comform to everyone else.

Agreed. I see little point in stripping of the slick looks of a consumer item in order to make it look slick in another way. But then metalwork is not my hobby & it would just mean an insane cost in time to me, so to each his own. I like the industrial, beaten look it has right now, it develops movie prop qualities
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 11:23 AM Post #59 of 59
First thing taught to me by my design rendering professor and product designer.

think outside the box and be different. Only way to pull ahead of everyone else when it comes to presentation.

Good job.
smily_headphones1.gif

Your nekked player has been posted online in front of millions while millions of others look identical and remain unnoticed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back