First pair of quality IEMs
Feb 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ploughmann

New Head-Fier
Greetings everyone,

I've decided to make a small investment and get my first pair of decent IEMs.

I've been looking at a few different options such as Yamaha EPH-100, RHA MA750, Shure SE215, 1More Triple Driver, Ety HF5 and KEF M200. I would prefer them to have good isolation, minimum sound leakage and more emphasis on bass - though I'm happy to compromise. Price range is about £100 ($125 or so) but I am willing to spend more if it's worth it.

I absolutely love the design and everything I've read about the Yamaha EPH-100. My only concern is that some people are reporting that they just die after a while due to moisture issues (I'm planning to get them through Audio Affair who offer a 2-year warranty which I guess makes it safer). 

Alternatively, do you have any other suggestions?

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 13
  Greetings everyone,

I've decided to make a small investment and get my first pair of decent IEMs.

I've been looking at a few different options such as Yamaha EPH-100, RHA MA750, Shure SE215, 1More Triple Driver, Ety HF5 and KEF M200. I would prefer them to have good isolation, minimum sound leakage and more emphasis on bass - though I'm happy to compromise. Price range is about £100 ($125 or so) but I am willing to spend more if it's worth it.

I absolutely love the design and everything I've read about the Yamaha EPH-100. My only concern is that some people are reporting that they just die after a while due to moisture issues (I'm planning to get them through Audio Affair who offer a 2-year warranty which I guess makes it safer). 

Alternatively, do you have any other suggestions?

You might look into the VSONIC GRO7, maybe even the BE version (Bass edition), which could give you the bass you are seeking. You can always improve isolation by buying some Comply tips. They give a snug fit IMO and improve isolation for me. Also, remember, if you are looking at the Shure, that it is pretty severely rolled off in the treble. It's a nice headphone, but--. Just in case you weren't aware.  ---)

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #7 of 13
Dunu dn 1000 is prob better then gr07

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #9 of 13
Thanks guys! Any experience with the EPH-100 or suggestions in a higher price range? I.e. up to $250

The dunu dn1000 and dunu dn2000 is prob the best iem you can get until the $700 mark. The eph 100 is veil and I returned it when I had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back