First pair of good headphones?
May 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #18 of 31
I can vouch for the Incipios. I personally prefer them over the Panasonics due to their greater clarity. 

May 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #21 of 31
If you can get the Sony V6 for under $80 then go for it. If not, you might want to consider the Koss proDJ100 or Koss Tony Bennett headphone. These two Koss headphones are very similar, however the Tony Bennett has a removable cord and comes with a case.

May 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #22 of 31
I suggest these:

http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1336688031&sr=8-13

They are semi-open and have fantastic reviews.  It's basically the poor man's DT990 I would say.  They will be closed enough that people can't hear you that much and you can't hear them as well as having good bass.  They are also open enough to make a great soundstage.  Easy to drive as well.

May 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #26 of 31
I had the ES-7 from Audio Technica, they look exactly like those red ones.  They hurt my left ear like nothing else.  I would stay away from any Audio Technica smaller than the M50, with the exception of their amazing earbuds.

May 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #27 of 31
I'd advise against the HTF600 unless you like your ears being melted... over and over again. And they've also got lots of head-hurting bass (and I consider myself to be a moderate basshead!).

May 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #28 of 31
 I have the Incipio f38 and I think it will fit your needs pretty well. It has a shorter cable  about 4ft long or so, It's perfect for listening at a desk or use as a portable player. My computer, Sansa Fuze, Sansa Clip and Ipad all drive it to decent volumes. Its a closed headphone but there is some leakage at high volumes but not too much. It isn't bass heavy but you will know it is there. I just think its a fun all around headset and it seems almost built for a smaller head and ears. The have all sorts of funky colors and can be bought for under $30. I think they are a good introduction to Headphones.

May 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:
 I have the Incipio f38 and I think it will fit your needs pretty well. It has a shorter cable  about 4ft long or so, It's perfect for listening at a desk or use as a portable player. My computer, Sansa Fuze, Sansa Clip and Ipad all drive it to decent volumes. Its a closed headphone but there is some leakage at high volumes but not too much. It isn't bass heavy but you will know it is there. I just think its a fun all around headset and it seems almost built for a smaller head and ears. The have all sorts of funky colors and can be bought for under $30. I think they are a good introduction to Headphones.

I think these are one of the best starter headphones around right now. 

May 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #30 of 31
jvc hp m1000 via tenso
Worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back