First Night with SR60s
Jul 3, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #16 of 35
I fondly remember my first night with my SR-80s...I was living in a dorm at that point, and I put em on right before bed and I just got so happy because they sounded unreal to my ears! I was running them right from my macbook too...Fast forward and I now have on my head SR325i's through a nice Little Dot and I'm even more impressed!

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #17 of 35
Ok, I'm back. I have been listening to the Grados against my K81DJs that I've had for the past year (foam inserts removed). The first thing I noticed was the solid build quality of the Grados. I like the shorter cable than the AKGs. They actually felt great on my ears, something that I can't say I experienced at first with the K81DJ.

I listened to a variety of music that I had on my ipod 80GB video which was ripped to apple lossless. The first song I played was Heavy Fuel by Dire Straits and it sounded very good. Brighter than the K81DJs, but I was a little underwhelmed when going back and forth between the two cans. Underwhelmed meaning that I thought, "Hey the K81DJs sound damn good in comparison." I was expecting the SR60 to really blow these away.

The soundstage seems to be wider (not sure if thats the correct term) and vocals sound good. Haven't listened to any female vocals yet.

I will need some more time tomorrow to listen more, but for now I like what I hear.

I'll try and post a bit tomorrow.

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

P.S. We need our Grado smilies back!

Here you go.

rs1smile.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #19 of 35
I remember the first night i had my sr60, i brought it to bed, i couldn't sleep in, because it got me really excited with my music, until i switch it back to Senn HD555. Thumbs up for the sr-60, fun headphone with nice forward sound, just that the ear muffs were causing me itchy ears, which i had to give it up and go with something else.
frown.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was expecting the SR60 to really blow these away.

Let them burn in a few days. Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy your new cans!

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolchu001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was how I felt with my friends triport:
index.php
now with my SR60 (about 10 days old) I feel like this when using them:
index.php

Sorry OT but lol @ these smilies
biggrin.gif

I remember what the SR60s were -- when I tried them before selling. They were pure bliss with certain artists. Especially with the Ariatte they were so nice and warm -- damn! I want them back!

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #23 of 35
i also just got my SR60s yesterday, my first set of cans. i now curse this website because i can never go back to the earbuds i was used to wearing for years before this, haha. music will never be the same now... classical music has taken on a whole different taste as well, Mozart's Requiem recording by Karajan and the Berlin Philharmonic is amazing to listen to now. i'm actually wearing them right now, and not quite sure when i'm going to bed
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #24 of 35
Yes, this was a good purchase. They are starting to open up and I love the way they feel in comparison to the K81DJ.

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #25 of 35
Whats up, Tmusic.

The Grado's I've used in the past (sr80 & 325i) needed a LONG burn-in period (say, 200 hours) before they made me go WOW! Then they were amazing.

If you're on Mac, I recommend NCH Tone Generator since it's freeware and can play constant pink noise for burn-ins. I don't recall if its offered for Windows, but I'm sure someone else'll chime in with another recommendation soon.

BTW, what are you using as a source and amp for the '60s?

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #26 of 35
I'm going on a trip (4hrs) and I hope I can get some SR80s + Comfies for the ride. We'll see!

Also, TMusic, how does the SR60 sound with the PA2v2? I'm considering it as a starter amp, but I want to know if it fits well with the SR80 (which, I hear, is similar to the SR60). Thanks, and enjoy your new 'phones!

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by elmer_42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, TMusic, how does the SR60 sound with the PA2v2? I'm considering it as a starter amp, but I want to know if it fits well with the SR80 (which, I hear, is similar to the SR60). Thanks, and enjoy your new 'phones!

I actually haven't used it with my PA2v2. Since I purchased the amp it has seen very little use. I'll hook it up tonight and let you know if I notice much of a difference.

I'm using it straight out of my 80GB ipod video (is that called 5.5 gen?) with files I've ripped with itunes to Apple lossless.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #29 of 35
I also tried sr60's for the first time the other day. I'm no bose basher - i thought they were amazing when I first heard them after being used to £10 buds, but this was a different ball park! and cheaper!

loved every minute - turned EQ off for the first time...ever... and they are so comfy! All this stuff about Grados being uncomfy is nonsense. Far better than senn hd595s!

Can't wait for my MS1s to get here!

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #30 of 35
I think most people think that the Grado bowls are uncomfy. The comfies on the SR60 are regarded as comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back