First news of the Teclast T59 HiFi Player
Oct 29, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #181 of 309

Quote:
the market for portable high end daps is getting hot. the more products there, it is better for us.

I'm quite content right now with my current rig (my hifiman gets quite hot itself lol). But if the T59 can bring improvements over the Sflo2 and work on the portability with easy user-friendly functions, I'm on board. I doubt they will get things right though, hope they prove me wrong none-the-less.

Oct 29, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #182 of 309

Quote:
So Kiteki what sound are you after anyways? More aggressive? More mid centric? More tape-cassette-like? :).

Possibly the most neutral and transparent "true to the source" chip I can find for the LO and something coloured, unhappy and dark on the HO... idk...

It's difficult to say since it's the value of the experiment itself and hearing new sounds/replacing the stock chip with one with improved sound quality, it's not quite "looking for something" such as my personal preferrence or "doing the math" to try to find the best objective performance values if I understood Anaxilus vague post correctly.

It's not like Teclast spent weeks of opamp rolling and surveys and then decided on the cheap TDA1308, that's just a nice sounding little chip that performs well at low voltages and doesn't consume too much power, and is dirt cheap IIRC.

It's not like Teclast were making any profit selling the T51 at $100 for the 2GB version lol.

Quote:
Next step from here in the HM-801 : this player has made me realise that I really do need to go all the way. Ironic that such a cheap player could convince me of the value of the most expensive (afaik) portable music player on the market, but thats the way I feel after experiencing the sheer scale of the sound from this thing - going back to my Touch is like suddenly having everything put back in a small box.

I'm not sure how to comment on this. =p

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #183 of 309
Some update pix for you:

source: http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-10480495-1-1.html

The T59 is one big guy! I am looking  forward to the X29. Quite interested what DAC it has inside :)

Please, someone who can read Chinese, please translate what is inside the pictures. Thanks.

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #184 of 309
First 2 and the 4th basically talks about the size of the T59 with comparisons to 2 other (new?) players from Telcast.

The 3rd:
The X29, another player created after the T51 is massively lighter. The PO (phone out?) is superior, at the expense of the line-out - no more line-out use.

The 5th:
From the physical proportions of both these devices, it is obvious that both off them do not exist in the same segment. The T59 is about 3 times the physical size of the T51.

Last pic:
It talks about the intended demographic of the 3 new players from Telcast. The T59 is touted as a 'bedside' player, or for hi-fi usage, transportably. The X29 is aimed at power users, and the X19HD for high-performance, yet portable use.

That's about it. Would native speakers rectify any errors? Despite Mandarin being my mother tongue, my English ability is substantially superior.

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #185 of 309

Quote:
First 2 and the 4th basically talks about the size of the T59 with comparisons to 2 other (new?) players from Telcast.

The 3rd:
The X29, another player created after the T51 is massively lighter. The PO (phone out?) is superior, at the expense of the line-out - no more line-out use.

The 5th:
From the physical proportions of both these devices, it is obvious that both off them do not exist in the same segment. The T59 is about 3 times the physical size of the T51.

Last pic:
It talks about the intended demographic of the 3 new players from Telcast. The T59 is touted as a 'bedside' player, or for hi-fi usage, transportably. The X29 is aimed at power users, and the X19HD for high-performance, yet portable use.

That's about it. Would native speakers rectify any errors? Despite Mandarin being my mother tongue, my English ability is substantially superior.

Big thanks to you Dissonant!

I am kind of much more interested in the X29 now. Giving up the LO for a better HO. I hope it is not some STMPxxxx + MAX97xx combination, because this would not sound any different than the Cube C30. The iAudio 10-ish design is great. Hopefully any of these will be released soon, although the X19HD is already out I believe.

Nov 1, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #186 of 309

Quote:
Big thanks to you Dissonant!

I am kind of much more interested in the X29 now. Giving up the LO for a better HO. I hope it is not some STMPxxxx + MAX97xx combination, because this would not sound any different than the Cube C30. The iAudio 10-ish design is great. Hopefully any of these will be released soon, although the X19HD is already out I believe.

Me too, the X29 = Fiios X3?????, 

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #187 of 309

Quote:
Me too, the X29 = Fiios X3?????, 

Well at least a X3 - LO - DO - (maybe some other stuff) = X29. But it is not that important, to me at least, since most of the time I do not use a portable amp.

It would also be quite interestng to know the specs of the T59. Since it is so big, it must have lots of nice stuff inside :)

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #188 of 309
Lol 3 times the size of the T51? The portability is sure gone. You'd need some baggy-ass pants to carry this time-bomb around... :wink:

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #189 of 309

Quote:
Lol 3 times the size of the T51? The portability is sure gone. You'd need some baggy-ass pants to carry this time-bomb around... :wink:

I know there is not everywhere the same weather... For winter and autumn I have jackets with big pockets. Summer-> Cargo-shorts :)

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #190 of 309
T59 is big. Let's move this thread out of Portable Gear section.
tongue.gif

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #193 of 309
OK, so when either the 59 or 29 will be  out? 

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #194 of 309

Quote:
OK, so when either the 59 or 29 will be  out? 

T59: there is talk about 2012, but I hope it is earlier.

X29: no real talk, but I think it will be out sooner, sonce it is more simple, maybe for Christmas

EDIT: Oh wait, we have just 2 months left of 2011...

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #195 of 309

Quote:

Wait, wait, wait... Are you serious or are you kidding  ? 

Did I understood right, the new Teclast X29 DAP is gonna be smaller then T51 and sound better ? If so, then it must have at least a WM8740 DAC inside...  
Could anybody confirm my guess ? Is it even possible theoretical to bring T51 performance in a smaller DAP ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back