First movie you ever saw in a theatre (without your parents)
Feb 14, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Ramsay
Those are kinda hard-core for a 'first movie' - sneaky of you.

Oh yeah. The Born Losers was very adult with loads of violence and sleazy bike gang characters. I remember there was a gang member named 'Crabs' for his condition and when it was being mentioned by the characters we kept wondering where the crustaceans were.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
"The Man with the Golden Gun" with Roger Moore as James Bond, and Christopher Lee (of Dracula fame) as Scaramanga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takashi
Without parents/adults? My elder brother took me to "Doctor No" (a local theater rerun) in '73 or '74.

A Bond movie is particularly cool as a first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
I remember walking to the theatre with a friend when I was about 8 years old. It was some Godzilla movie. The regular price ticket was $0.35
blink.gif

I'd like to know how much it cost us then in '73.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
I can remember going to see The Lion In Winter with another kid when I was in grade school. I don't know why. I remember it because the movie was so incredibly boring for me at that age. I am not sure we stayed for the whole movie.

LOL That is hysterically funny.

B000056HEA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
One day a year, in both kindergarden and grade 1, our class was marched down to the small A/V room

That's funny too the way you word it. "marched".
tongue.gif

The best day of the junior high school day was the annual noisy projector showing of radio station Q-107's 'History of Rock'. The one day a year to see live footage of what you've been listening to daily.

Feb 14, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #32 of 44
Grease (I think I was like 5) and Pulp fiction (10? 12?) come to mind, but on video. Both times, I got caught halfway, and my older bro got scolded.

Hell no! We watched Gremlins in our YMCA when I was like 3! Dude! I had nightmares for years after that.

Feb 15, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #35 of 44
Never been to the theatre w/ my parents.

First time I did go to a movie theatre, I watched "the skulls". 'Twas a school field trip.

Feb 16, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
enemy at the gates

i saw it with a friend of the family (he was 10 at the time) and i was in 5th grade

okay... that movie is from 2001... you're talking about it like it happened ages ago. And.. a 9th-grader on HeadFi? woah
confused.gif

As for me, I have no idea. I can't even remember what day it is.

Feb 16, 2005 at 8:35 AM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
i saw the champ - starring john voight as a boxer - with ricky schroeder

Hey I remember that one.... I dont remember if I saw it in the theater or what But I do recall seeing it. John Voight and Ricky shroder
eek.gif
eek.gif

Garrett

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:25 AM Post #40 of 44
Is that a Mcfarlane? It's amazing the detail that goes into action figures these days! It almost looks real.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina
10102449.jpg

Rambo - First Blood Part II

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

I wanted to make a funny remark about your first movie experience but there were too many to choose from.

Actually, after thinking about it a little more (1962 was a long time ago) I've realized that "Summer Holiday" wasn't my first movie without my parents ... it was the much more intellectual "The Three Stooges in Orbit". I was 8 years old.

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #44 of 44
I think it was Saturday Night Fever. I was 12.
I think one of the few movies the whole family went to see was Enter The Dragon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back