First movie you ever saw in a theatre (without your parents)
Feb 14, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #16 of 44
Flash gordon.... I think in the early 80's. I was 10-11 at the time. That queen theme song got me hooked. Been a queen / Brian May fan since.

**edit**
I dont know why Im remembering this now... My first ever (with my parents) movie was american grafiti. My parents took my brother and I to the drive-in in our van. I slept through most of it. Im not sure how old I was, but the film came out in~75 so I guess I couldnt have been more than 4-5 Y/O.

My second movie (with my parents) was Star wars in 77.

Garrett

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #17 of 44
I don't remember in the very least. I can't even hazard a guess since I used to goto the movies fairly often. The earliest movie I do remember ever seeing in the theater is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. My dad took my brother and me to see it and we arrived late.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
enemy at the gates

i saw it with a friend of the family (he was 10 at the time) and i was in 5th grade

Oh God! Now I feel really old. I went to see that, must have been senior year in high school, with my friends. One of them was particularly chatty (much to my annoyance) and kept asking stupid questions. My favorite was when they have the scene at the dinner party and they take the Russian sniper up to gaze upon a friggin huge picture of Joe Stalin and my friend leans over to me and asks, "Who's that guy?" "That's Joseph Stalin." "Oh..........is he dead?"

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #18 of 44
Never been to a movie theatre w/ my parents. My first time at one was on a school field trip, and we watched "The Skulls".

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #19 of 44
Without parents/adults? My elder brother took me to "Doctor No" (a local theater rerun) in '73 or '74.
The first movie I went alone would be either "Mr. Majestik" or "Gumball Rally" or "The Smoky And The Bandit". I'm not sure which at all.

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #20 of 44
I have actually never been to a movie with my parents as well.

But the first movie I ever saw in the theaters, with my 2 brothers, was "Reptilicus." (sp?)

We were HUGE 'Creature Double Feature' fans!!!! Anything monsters, we dug it. Loved those old Godzilla films where Godzilla goes to fight the bad guy monsters; all of a sudden, you see him jump in a martial arts stance! Campy fun all the way.
3000smile.gif

(Woops, take that first sentence back - saw Jaws 2 with my dad and one of my brothers, just remembered)

Feb 14, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #21 of 44
I remember walking to the theatre with a friend when I was about 8 years old. It was some Godzilla movie. The regular price ticket was $0.35
blink.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
I remember walking to the theatre with a friend when I was about 8 years old. It was some Godzilla movie. The regular price ticket was $0.35
blink.gif

There were Godzilla movies in the 20's?
blink.gif

BTW, My 1st flim was E.T. and I haven't seen it again since
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
There were Godzilla movies in the 20's?
blink.gif

BTW, My 1st flim was E.T. and I haven't seen it again since
biggrin.gif

1920's???? I thought daycart1 was of the shadow puppets era... How did it go? "René Descartes was a drunk old fart. I drink, therefore I am."

Feb 14, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #27 of 44
One day a year, in both kindergarden and grade 1, our class was marched down to the small A/V room where we watched a short 16mm animated film of the Little Red Riding Hood story through an old, noisy projector. (not sure animated is the right term ... it was time lapse dolls like Davey and Golieth) It was a very long time ago but I remember being thrilled with the whole experience.

Two nights ago, I actually got to see the same old shakey, bad condition movie on TV as a filler between movies on the "Silver Screen" nostalgia cable station. I always thought the reason they showed us the flick at school was because it held some sort of moral lesson or something. Having now seen the very same ancient movie as an adult, it appears not. Must have simply been a way to kill time by our teachers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
9 years old ... Summer Holiday, starring Cliff Richards.

I wanted to make a funny remark about your first movie experiance but there were too many to choose from.
tongue.gif
And admittely, the first movie my mother took me to was "Annie". Which she regretted straight away because she hated it.

The first without adult supervision. I can remember when, but I can't remember what. Dec 31, can't remember the year. We had a new years eve party with the relatives. During the day they were all preparing the food and such and the kids got in the way. So we were sent to see a movie. I can remember walking to the theatre but can't for the life of me remember what we saw.

Feb 14, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Threesome...anyone remember that movie...im not kidding either, my first theatre movie was threesome, i was really young, very weird

I saw that in the theater with my mother and a friend of hers. I would have been 10-11 at the time. I was a bit confused as to what was going on, but it was akward. I had good parents...

I can't remember the first movie I saw without my parents. Was sometime in grade school though. I saw countless movies with my mother when I was young. I definately was not sheltered.

Feb 14, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #30 of 44
Don't laugh. "The Neverending Story." The mom/sis went to a hanky movie, and I was old enough to get the cooties by that. So I told them I'd be in the arcade in the lobby - but actually snuck into The Neverending Story. It ROCKED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back