Jun 24, 2004 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

terrible

Head-Fier
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The detail and clarity is amazing, I could hear Norah Jones draw every breath in between the words, single out every instrument with the Black Sorrows
They now have 40 minutes burn in time....
biggrin.gif

Got a scare when I first put them on ...no sound in the left side but the cable plug wasn't all the way in.
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 17
Congratulations on the new Senns. They really are something, and they only get better. But first they get different, and that can be unsettling. You might like to look at some of the HD650 threads to see what experiences other people have had during break-in.

I just used my normally and watched the process. Some people prefer dedicated break-in routines to hasten the process. However you go about it, the Senns do change with use, and it's no cause for alarm.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

BW

Jun 24, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 17
The Senn 600s are making me happy, but I got a glimpse of the 650s with this source and I know they'd make me even more happy. I'm glad you like them. With my 600s, they went threw a stage of sounding good, then sounding not-so-good, and then sounding better and better. I think the burning-in process is real with the headphones but even more real in our minds. I really think both are happening.

I don't have any processes though, I just listen to them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 17
First Impressions of my new 650's
terrible

This is how your thread title reads on the forum main page. That cracked me up.

The 650s are incredible headphones. But as Bill said, prepare yourself for some sonic changes as they settle in.

Jun 24, 2004 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
"prepare yourself for some sonic changes as they settle in."

I've got about 250 hours on mine and they're still evolving. In my system now, they sound kind of fleshy, beefy, thick and palpable compared to my old RS-1's. All the detail is still there though. I think these phones have out-classed my source finally.

Jun 24, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
First Impressions of my new 650's
terrible

This is how your thread title reads on the forum main page. That cracked me up.

Hahaha! That's exactly how I read it as well! I was going to post on it but looks like you beat me to it...

Jun 25, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
congrat
smily_headphones1.gif
I've just finished the first 250h burning process on one hd650 , I swear I've trough this with some weird sounding stages

And how is it with the Zu Mobius? (midrange emphasis and the like...)
rolleyes.gif

peacesign.gif

Jun 25, 2004 at 3:57 PM Post #11 of 17
Imo the 650 are almost as good as they are a person item ..
they want upgradities , on and on , as they can carry almost every improvement you can adjust in your chain ( my exp. up to know say this )
I don't see much improvment on my future wallet thickness with them on my ears ...my wallet is yet demanding some feeds for other aspect of life other then audio
eek.gif

I'm going trough IC changing now , still have to know wich one to get to gain some air in my sytem while mantaining the bass .
I'd also need very soon a new source now...
frown.gif

I'm happy with the zu but I still need some tweak around the sound to get full joy ..i'm understanding how incredibly well these cans can drive a good audio signal ..
They have a deep resolving manner to manage a "good chain" audio signal

Jun 25, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Congrats, sorry about the wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Stop tempting me! I need to leave this place.
smily_headphones1.gif

3lusiv3 I know you are as happy as me with the 555's, and I've been following your posts in regards to an amp purchase.....I also need to leave this place, but trust me when I say these 650's are without a doubt the best of the best.......and I've only put 2hours on them. If they keep improving like everyone says then 'wow'.
They may be just a tad less comfortable than the 555's (hair splitting), but are much better constructed ........real quality.
For me at least the search for headphones is over....I'm in heaven.
I can now concentrate on my sources.

Jun 26, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrible
..when I say these 650's are without a doubt the best of the best.......and I've only put 2hours on them. If they keep improving like everyone says then 'wow'

..expect some disappointing sound in 200h burning but then an incredible stage that improve from 250h on
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2004 at 3:28 AM Post #14 of 17
I've always wondered if burning in a set of headphones in high temperatures will accerbate the burn in process. I can see where I can burn them in outside in Arizona's 110 degree temperatures to burn them in faster.

Jun 27, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
I've always wondered if burning in a set of headphones in high temperatures will accerbate the burn in process. I can see where I can burn them in outside in Arizona's 110 degree temperatures to burn them in faster.

I cant imagine that being a good idea for any electronic device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back