FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Apr 22, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #1,666 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackwheel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, nice try userlander, you made a second account....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that's really him, it's not his second account. Should be fifth.

More than one person's allowed to criticize the uDAC, guys. Though as passionate as userlander was about it, I wouldn't put it past him to have half a dozen backup accounts already made just for this thread.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #1,667 of 1,841
hey thanks headphone addict, i too really wanted to try the superpro out but i worry about switching signals, udac is smaller and more appealing imo.

i cant wait to hear your comparson on those other usb dacs,,,
i really love small equipment such less of a hassle

cheers

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #1,668 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy*Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received a hot audio DAC Extasy, and am very pleased so far with poor sony headphones I am using. My Hd580 are awaiting a replacement cable.

The Extasy is certainly a class above my EF2's built in DAC. Though I haven't heard the uDAC, I am willing to bet the Extasy is more neutral and at the same price point. It just does not have all the mega hype the uDAC does. However, it does not have a volume knob and is made to be a DAC paired with an amp.

thanks carl,, i checked out hot audio,,, looks like a sweet deal, i dlove to hear a side by side with the udac

i also was lolking a the nuforce hda higperformance dac amp or whatever it is,,,
seems too pricey, but regardelss i think smaller is better ,,, didnt seem toi have toslink input either but said it came with a mini toslink adapter hmmmm? thats interesting, i have one o f those but it requires a wall wart,,, one o fthose square ubits,,, i barely use it, but i must admit i love that thing,, and i cannot tell a difference in sound, but there are many brands

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #1,669 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks carl,, i checked out hot audio,,, looks like a sweet deal, i dlove to hear a side by side with the udac

Ya, unfortunately, demoing hifi gear is next to impossible. You may get lucky to attend a hifi meet, but more often than not you have to go on a plethora of good and bad reviews. I had it narrowed down to the uDAC and the Extasy, and took the risk with the lesser known Extasy because I wanted something neutral and that is what i gathered from hours and hours of reading. If you do consider the Extasy, make sure you have an amp (or plane on getting an amp). It can run headphones a little, but lack of volume knob and power really make this a stand alone DAC, which is what I was looking for.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #1,670 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by heishiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
udac.jpg

pairing my udac with E5 i do more like the bass impact with E5
biggrin.gif

Now there's an original thought, even though it seems wrong somehow
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #1,672 of 1,841
Hey guys,
I have a uDac on the way, and plan on pairing it with a Meier Headfive to feed my ATH-ESW9 cans
Does anyone have any feelings/thoughts/experiences with the uDac and Headfive pairing?
Or even the uDac and ESW9 pairing?
k701smile.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #1,673 of 1,841
I have one question.... I am planning to move my PC to the other room, due to not beeing completely silent PC. That seems like most efficient and cost effective move I can think of right now. But, I was wondering how lenghty USB cable i can attach to uDAC without any possible degradations in sound or any other type. Does anyone know what would be the safest cable lenght. I was planning to get 3m cable, i thing that will be enough for me. So before i start movin my PC and buying aditional HDMI cable, i want to sort this out first. I know that max lenght of a single USB 2.0 cable is 5 meters. Did anyone try uDAC on these lenghts? Is there any difference if i make 3m cable out of 3 pcs 1 meter each? Thanks for any advice...

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #1,674 of 1,841
When I had my Devilsound v 2.1 DAC it came with an extension cable that brought the total length to 17 feet. I didn't notice any degradation in SQ compared to not using it. That said, it always better to get a single cable rather than use extensions, and the more extensions you use the more the SQ could degrade. The Devilsound was a very high quality cable/extension, so cable quality figures into the equation as well, but not quite as much as it does on an analog sound cable.

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #1,675 of 1,841
I used a couple of extension cables with it before and didn't have any issues.

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #1,678 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now there's an original thought, even though it seems wrong somehow
tongue.gif

nothing is wrong
biggrin.gif
E5's bass boost sounds heaven on my ears
wink.gif

im now thinking to pair my udac with CrossRoads Edge DeskAmp

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #1,679 of 1,841
ITau;6581092 said:
.. I know that max lenght of a single USB 2.0 cable is 5 meters. Did anyone try uDAC on these lenghts? QUOTE]

I am using a budget/generic 5m usb cable from my laptop into my uDAC, with a 1m IXOS phono lead into my denon amp - no problems.

Apr 27, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #1,680 of 1,841
Quote:

Can anyone give a comparison between a new ipod and the uDAC? Thanks.

Quote:

Yes, I too think my ipod (seriously) sucks.

Here's my impression from another post-

I did some critical listening of John Coltrane's remastered Blue Train with Shure SE530 iems out my uDac, ipod 3g nano and Sony Z690 laptop and was floored by the differences. The Udac had such noticeable improvements in detail and soundstage over the other two sources that I no longer use my ipod for music and would never consider using my $2000 'multimedia' computer headphone jack.

Found this post by eucariote. Should be helpful to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back