FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Dec 22, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #241 of 1,841
actually u can come to Aldephi at B1-25 in Singapore audioiconic there,I just checked with them and the price is S$145
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would be the best way to buy this from my location (Jakarta, Indonesia)? The nearest distributor in Singapore doesn't carry this item unfortunately.

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #244 of 1,841
Looks & sounds very promising! Ordering one right after the holidays.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #245 of 1,841
Just ordered mine guys. Thanks everyone for the reviews and discussion. Can't wait to get it!

dac.jpg

Oh and a couple questions from a newb...

I see a lot of hype for the Icon HDP. Will I no longer need the uDAC if I were to buy the Icon HDP in the future?

Oh and should I buy a different USB cord for it? If so, a recommendation?

Dec 23, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #246 of 1,841
well the way i understand it and i can be wrong so feel free to correct me since i am fairly new to dacs and stuff... but the way i see it they serve two different purposes if you were to own both

you could connect: pc>udac>icon>headphones or home stereo

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #247 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by rprevost03 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered mine guys. Thanks everyone for the reviews and discussion. Can't wait to get it!

dac.jpg

Oh and a couple questions from a newb...

I see a lot of hype for the Icon HDP. Will I no longer need the uDAC if I were to buy the Icon HDP in the future?

Oh and should I buy a different USB cord for it? If so, a recommendation?

Didn't take you long to spend my money!
icon10.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #249 of 1,841
yes it is
biggrin.gif
but they close 23-28/12 ,open again on 29/12
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it in stock there?

Dec 23, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #250 of 1,841
Quote:

My fault
smily_headphones1.gif
. Ok, they are really for two different purposes.
uDAC gets the power from USB cable and is VERY small. It is an excellent companion for laptop.
Icon HDP has headphone amp (also available in uDAC), preamp (uDAC has 1 USB input), and two types of DAC (USB DAC and S/PDIF DAC). It requires a power supply (included) so Icon HDP is for desktop or home use.
Performance wise, we went all-out for it. It is designed for people with top of the line headphones or home audio system.

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #252 of 1,841
Bit bummed that they don't have a distributor here in Canada, and how the costs importing it would drive the price waaaay up. Could definitely have used this DAC for my second computer rig... oh well, I'm happy with my main rig for now and my second rig isn't used much anyway (mostly with lesser quality files with lower impedence headphones), so I'll hold out for now and see how it goes, perhaps one of the dealers here will start distributing it. Hopefully the the price won't be going up by then...

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #253 of 1,841
They have two Canadian dealers (themacgroup and fulcrumaudio), but I don't think either of them has the uDAC.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #255 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
themacgroup sells it for 109$ , they have the black udac.

Thanks for the heads up! I may just have to pick it up now then, although my wallet's getting very thin now (thanks to purchase of RS-1 and Christmas shopping)...

Anyone know what the shipping cost for the udac at macgroup is? They don't show the shipping costs when added to the cart... is it free?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back