FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Dec 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #136 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, this is the most thoroughly annoyed I have ever been in these forums. I know an administrator will probably intervene, but until then...

You came off as a totally immature petulant kid throwing a tantrum. "Sycophantic?" What could I have gained from Nuforce just by saying what I said? When did giving positive feedback become sycophantic? You obviously lack the grace of rawrster, who doesn't throw a fit over a small matter. Yes, it's a small matter. Doing what you have said that you would do is only a small thing when the thing you said you would do, is small. If they had promised to, say, extend your warranty, then that would be something else completely. The only thing that I can agreed with you on is that Nuforce should have given you an invoice. Sure, that's not something to overlook. However, the fact that they failed to do this does not mean their customer service, as a whole, sucks. You are one of those neurotic people who sees one unfavorable aspect of a thing, then judges the whole thing by what he saw. Get over your entitlement attitude, and learn to be more appreciative. One last thing, einstein, everyone has limited cognitive abilities. Otherwise, we'd be God.

Your post was Sycophantic. I actually ordered a uDAC, but you are correct I wasn't going to overlook their poor customer service. So I posted here explaining my issue. My doing so greatly reduces the likelihood that Nuforce will promise to send an Invoice when they won't again. It's called Negative feedback. Must I explain again that since I explained the context of my complaint any dunderhead should be able to understand that my negative opinion is regarding a narrow issue, and not infer that Nuforces customer service is deficient in other areas.

Am I entitled? Yes! Absolutely, I'm the customer. I need to be more appreciative than spending my money and actually ordering one? Careful the sycophant in you is showing.

Yes, everyone is limited, but right now I happen to be feeling very close to God
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #137 of 1,841
It's in da house. I was deeply impressed on how good the package is. Very simple but still looks really nice. For 99$, it has a much, much better package than other 4-500$ amps I bought before. The uDac is really tiny, almost the same size with my iPhone dock. The build quality is surprisingly good; I love the plain aluminium case. Haven't listened really seriously but first impression with my PK1s is very positive. I'll post more impressions when I come back from class.

4190765972_288b6480f1_b_d.jpg

4190006267_fae73f807e_b_d.jpg

4190006329_81f652962e_b_d.jpg

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #138 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone guess it right about the DAC inside uDAC. After discussing with Casey, our R&D chief, we decided to spill it: uDAC is using the latest state of the art ESS9022 Sabre DAC, the same DAC used in top of the line OPPO BDP-83SE blu-ray player.

It takes more than a DAC to make a good sounding little gem. We have many high-end R&D projects, therefore R&D cost can be amortized across several products.

We should have priced it higher but decided to stick to $99, a good psychological price point. We hope this will become a standard companion for every laptop
biggrin.gif

As someone who put this lovely product on my Christmas list shortly after reading Larry's review, I can only hope that my parents came through. That's one heck of a DAC at quite a price. I really hope that your lower-margin pays off; it's a refreshing escape from the rumored hyperinflation surrounding a certain relatively new flagship.

Cheers, and a merry Christmas to all at NuForce
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #139 of 1,841
I was going back and forth between the $189 Hifiman EF2, $199 Maverick D1, $220 iBasso D4 and $160 Aune MK2 SE, however I think I'm now leaning towards this one. More impressions and comparisons would be very useful.

I'm also interested in understanding why the Sabre DAC is better than competing products from Wolfson, TI etc. Are there measurements to support this claim?

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #141 of 1,841
I find it hilarious every time I see posts like this.It seems like some people here think that all those companies are proucing and selling things to make some kind of favour to us and we should be grateful to them.
Now, I dont have any experience with Nuforce and don't know those guys.But probably even Nuforce does not care these complainment posts as much as you do, let alone find them "ANNOYING"

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #144 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but I knew what the DAC was before I posted my review, but I was sworn to silence, and I did a good job too!

I sure would hope so. That would be bad on your part and might not get samples in the future ;p

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #146 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your post was Sycophantic. I actually ordered a uDAC, but you are correct I wasn't going to overlook their poor customer service. So I posted here explaining my issue. My doing so greatly reduces the likelihood that Nuforce will promise to send an Invoice when they won't again. It's called Negative feedback. Must I explain again that since I explained the context of my complaint any dunderhead should be able to understand that my negative opinion is regarding a narrow issue, and not infer that Nuforces customer service is deficient in other areas.

Am I entitled? Yes! Absolutely, I'm the customer. I need to be more appreciative than spending my money and actually ordering one? Careful the sycophant in you is showing.

Yes, everyone is limited, but right now I happen to be feeling very close to God
tongue_smile.gif

Negative feedback is one thing. Overly exaggerated negative feedback is another.

"Must I explain again that since I explained the context of my complaint any dunderhead should be able to understand that my negative opinion is regarding a narrow issue, and not infer that Nuforces customer service is deficient in other areas."

You specifically said that Nuforce's customer service sucks. You did NOT say that their customer service regarding "a narrow issue" sucks. There's a pretty big difference between the two that any "dunderhead" should stop being such a dunderhead and make clear that he means one and not the other. You can't say one thing, and then expect the reader to infer something else. Careful, the stupidity in you is showing.

"Am I entitled? Yes! Absolutely, I'm the customer. I need to be more appreciative than spending my money and actually ordering one?"

There are "customers" who hurt, more than they contribute to a business with their money, by their exaggeratedly negative word of mouth. I actually did not mind your overly harsh, irrational judgment (because most intelligent people who reads it will quickly ignore it), until you posted an extremely rude message directed at me. I still don't understand why you are using the word sycophant to describe me. Perhaps, you should refer to a dictionary. I had no interest in getting anything from Jason from what I initially said, except mainly to communicate to him that he shouldn't let an irrational customer get to him, which as ramus said, probably didn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it hilarious every time I see posts like this.It seems like some people here think that all those companies are proucing and selling things to make some kind of favour to us and we should be grateful to them.
Now, I dont have any experience with Nuforce and don't know those guys.But probably even Nuforce does not care these complainment posts as much as you do, let alone find them "ANNOYING"

I did not find the initial complaints annoying, only poorly founded and exaggerated. It was his message directed at me for what I said to Jason that irritated me greatly. I think I can speaking for Jason when I say that he's not just here to sell; he's also here to answer people's questions. If you don't want to be grateful for that, hey, that's fine by me.

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #149 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The man is building a $99 DAC that is getting rave reviews from several experienced Head-Fiers, working long days trying to fill orders, and you want him to give you a *discount* simply because you have posted 19 times on an internet forum ? BlackWheel, assuming you are in any way serious, I think there is such a thing as stretching the friendship.

You're making it seem like one man locked in an office is cranking these things out. And I was just trying to help out the community as a whole, not just myself. Give the attitude a rest pal...

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #150 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I will leave it up to NuForce to make that decision, thanks. Just personally, I would appreciate positive feedback if I had released a new product that was well liked. Sorry to annoy.

And since you seem envious...
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO, RAMUS!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back