FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Dec 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #106 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amazon link ships worldwide by the way

Yes, but then are custom fees, custom delays, and taxes. I would rather wait that it is availabe at their EU webshop.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #110 of 1,841
A couple of weeks ago I contacted Nuforce asking how I could preorder or be put on a list to be notified concerning when the uDAC would be available. They replied that they would "invoice" me when they were available. I told them "Good, because I definitely want one."

I haven't been following this thread, but tonight I thought to myself that Nuforce should have contacted me by now. I decided to go on-line and check to see if they were available. I went to Nuforce's website and found my way to their Amazon sales site. It said that there was 1 left, so I bought it. So apparently I got the last one from Amazon. (At about 8:30)

I am not impressed with Nuforce's customer service. They told me that they would email me an Invoice when they were available. If I hadn't gone on-line and checked Amazon tonight I'd have missed out on this batch. Nuforce should not have told me that that they would contact me if they weren't going to do so. So in my book their customer service sucks.

Their Customer Service sucks, but not bad enough to keep me from buying this particular $99 toy. There's no way I'd buy any of their more expensive kit. Good customer service is critical for me, and good communications and doing what they say they would do is basic customer service, and Nuforce failed.

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #111 of 1,841
Well at least you got 1 ^^
smily_headphones1.gif
and the last one at that!

What time did you order yours Lil' Knight? I haven't gotten any tracking info yet. Just curious.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #113 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple of weeks ago I contacted Nuforce asking how I could preorder or be put on a list to be notified concerning when the uDAC would be available. They replied that they would "invoice" me when they were available. I told them "Good, because I definitely want one."

I haven't been following this thread, but tonight I thought to myself that Nuforce should have contacted me by now. I decided to go on-line and check to see if they were available. I went to Nuforce's website and found my way to their Amazon sales site. It said that there was 1 left, so I bought it. So apparently I got the last one from Amazon. (At about 8:30)

I am not impressed with Nuforce's customer service. They told me that they would email me an Invoice when they were available. If I hadn't gone on-line and checked Amazon tonight I'd have missed out on this batch. Nuforce should not have told me that that they would contact me if they weren't going to do so. So in my book their customer service sucks.

Their Customer Service sucks, but not bad enough to keep me from buying this particular $99 toy. There's no way I'd buy any of their more expensive kit. Good customer service is critical for me, and good communications and doing what they say they would do is basic customer service, and Nuforce failed.

That's too bad - I have always gotten great customer service from them.

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #114 of 1,841
The only problem I have is that there is no option to upgrade shipping to express mail. US mail to the Philippines usually takes about a month or more if not shipped express.
frown.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #115 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only problem I have is that there is no option to upgrade shipping to express mail. US mail to the Philippines usually takes about a month or more if not shipped express.
frown.gif

I'm beginning to see our local courier services and people like DHL in a whole new light ....

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #116 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't ordered anything from them, but I've sent a few questions through email before and they've always been super prompt in replying.

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #117 of 1,841
Quote:

Sorry, we are being completely overwhelmed in December. It is the perfect storm:
1) Trying to upgrade and ship a lot of OPPO Nuforce Edition out. I am sure a few OPPO customers who are waiting for upgrade are a little upset (the priority goes to new purchase).
2) A lot of new products were released in late November and December. uDAC were sold out in one weekend. New stocks coming in 2 days.
3) We will be moving office in December to a bigger location nearby.

We have tripled our uDAC production and in anticipation of the demand, doubling Icon HDP production.

Please bear with us while we get things in line again.

Thanks
Jason

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #118 of 1,841
Jason, from what I am reading in other threads you are not alone. HeadAmp cant keep up with orders and I recall the first batch of the Rx selling out in less than a fortnight. There is a feeding frenzy on headphone-related kit atm - time to plan that new Jacuzzi for the pool room !

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #119 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, we are being completely overwhelmed in December. It is the perfect storm:
1) Trying to upgrade and ship a lot of OPPO Nuforce Edition out. I am sure a few OPPO customers who are waiting for upgrade are a little upset (the priority goes to new purchase).
2) A lot of new products were released in late November and December. uDAC were sold out in one weekend. New stocks coming in 2 days.
3) We will be moving office in December to a bigger location nearby.

We have tripled our uDAC production and in anticipation of the demand, doubling Icon HDP production.

Please bear with us while we get things in line again.

Thanks
Jason

Hey, Jason, don't let one unhappy customer pressure you too much. Actually, I think this one particular customer was a little too anxious to get his new toy, so he got upset over a small matter. (At least to me, it's small) It's unreasonable to bash a company's entire customer service quality after experiencing one single problem, one single time. I appreciate your presence here in the forums. I understand that with a great new product, with an extremely attractive price tag, and the big holiday season; it must be difficult to have things in pristine order. I ordered a uDAC 3 days ago, and hope to have it soon to pair with my incoming RE0. I'm quite excited and can't wait.
normal_smile .gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #120 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this one particular customer was a little too anxious to get his new toy, so he got upset over a small matter.

Showing us your limited cognitive abilities? As far as my being anxious, I don't even know where I'll use the uDAC, so anxious doesn't quite fit. It just looks cool so I decided to get one. If they had come back and said it's going to be three months I'd have been fine with it. If they had emailed me and said: Unfortunately at this time we don't have the infrastructure to have back-orders or Pre-orders, or even a notification list. I'd have been fine with that. When I emailed them asking if I could order one what they did email me is:
Quote:

[size=small]Yes you can. I will send you an invoice when the next batch arrive, thank you.[/size]

[size=small]Anna[/size]

I expect companies to do what they say they will. It's the way I do business and I expect no less from the companies that I do business with. If you believe that doing what you have said that you would do is a small thing then you are destined to a lifetime of being satisfied with mediocre customer service. I suppose that there is some logic to that, if you set your expectations low, you'll never be disappointed.

I also explained why I felt that their customer service sucks. I put my complaint in context, so people could make informed judgments as to if my opinion matters to them. Since I explained the circumstances concerning my issue with their customer service it is wrong to say that I "bash a company's entire customer service quality"

That's all I'll say concerning your sycophantic post.

Now I'll apologize for the above. You can just call me Ebenezer Scrooge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back