FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Dec 10, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #61 of 1,841
shouldnt the volume pot be left at full when using the line outs? Thats how variable output cd players like the marantz cd63 or 67 work. Everytime you turn them on, the rca out is at full volume

Dec 10, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #62 of 1,841
The volume control on the uDAC definitely affects the RCA line out volume. I have it set at ~75% going into my EF2, and my EF2 volume is set at maybe 30-40% before it plays louder than I can bear.

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #66 of 1,841
HPA, how do they sound with the D2000s through the inbuilt amp and used as DAC to a more powerful amp? I'm trying to save desktop space and I've been on the fence about getting rid of my Keces 151 to reclaim my desk.

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #67 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xawr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey HPA, how does the headphone out compare to the RCA output for feeding an amp?

I have not tried the 1/8" headphone jack to feed another amp, since I was very happy with the RCA out doing that. I'm sure it would be fine though, but not sure why you'd do that instead of the RCA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HPA, how do they sound with the D2000s through the inbuilt amp and used as DAC to a more powerful amp? I'm trying to save desktop space and I've been on the fence about getting rid of my Keces 151 to reclaim my desk.

I don't have the D2000 anymore, after upgrading to the Lawton Audio modded D7000. The uDAC headphone out sounds great with the LA7000. There is more than enough power for them, and they have nice synergy. Normal listening is with the volume knob at 1-2 o'clock, and it doesn't clip until after 5 o'clock on the volume control (pretty loud) where max is 5:30.

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #69 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you notice them having a burn in period?

Them? Do you mean the uDAC? It sounded great out of the box, and I can't say specifically what changes it made as I gave it 200 hours.

Dec 12, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #70 of 1,841
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.. I was randomly refreshing the webpage for the uDAC and it appears to be in stock. I just submitted an order and was given an estimated ship date of dec14.

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #71 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by uurrk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.. I was randomly refreshing the webpage for the uDAC and it appears to be in stock. I just submitted an order and was given an estimated ship date of dec14.

thanks for the heads up...placed my order as well
beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #73 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$300 netbooks are the wave of the future! I
tongue.gif

Wave of the future? I have been using mine since the first of the year.
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #74 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by uurrk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! Just ordered one. I prefer the red/black one but looks like it's still not in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back