First HiFi Headphones... can i do better?
Sep 14, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #16 of 24
So, I took the p3s back to BB, and I ended up spending way more money when I saw a set of Senheiser m2 over ears. I kept hearing good things so I thought id give em a try. First thoughts, slightly less detailed out of the box, but wow, the impression the music is going from different directions is amazing. it also seems a bit warmer.  

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #17 of 24
Yeah, the M2 is not a detail monster. It's more laid back and fun. But it still has plenty of resolution to get the job done, and with style. :)

My favorite aspect of the M2 is the tone. It's so indescribably natural and right.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #20 of 24
Absolutely.

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #21 of 24
I'm not sure a DAC will improve the sound substantial, but an amp probably would. Most of the time, though when you get a portable amp, it is also a good DAC. Basically, if you get a device like a Fulla, a dragonfly, or some Fiio, you will get better sound quality.

I would like to bring up that the momentums aren't really the most detailed or transparent closed headphones in that price range, (DT100, DT150, and DT250 are I think). They are more warm and full, with a very slight lack of detail.

At that price (~350), you might as well just get Oppo PM-3's (~400) and be done with it, if you prefer that sound, but want more detail

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #22 of 24
I'm not sure a DAC will improve the sound substantial, but an amp probably would. Most of the time, though when you get a portable amp, it is also a good DAC. Basically, if you get a device like a Fulla, a dragonfly, or some Fiio, you will get better sound quality.

I would like to bring up that the momentums aren't really the most detailed or transparent closed headphones in that price range, (DT100, DT150, and DT250 are I think). They are more warm and full, with a very slight lack of detail.

At that price (~350), you might as well just get Oppo PM-3's (~400) and be done with it, if you prefer that sound, but want more detail

I was planning to exchange them for some p7s, but amazon just dropped the price on m2s. I got Bestbuy to match the price so effectively i got the m2s for $240  At that price i think they are pretty good im debating taking the difference and buying a fulla.

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #23 of 24
A DAC/amp + m2 would probably be your best move now. A Fulla is the best option in terms of sound quality, but you will need a powered hub to use it with a phone. The dragonfly black (1.5) and red can both be easily used without a powered hub, but will sound substantially worse (less clear, less detailed, etc...)

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #24 of 24
Takstar pro 80 or gemini hsr1000 (same thing just rebranded)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back