First headphones advice needed!
Dec 26, 2012 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Audiofirst

New Head-Fier
Hey guys first timer here, I just wanted some advice on my first pair of nice headphones. I am a big music guy and always wanted a nice pair, but because I am a poor student I have been just using my apple headphones.  I feel its time to upgrade, and really enjoy my music. So here is what I am looking for, first off my budget is 100 dollars, but I would prefer to spend less if possible. I am looking for headphones that when you put them on, you feel like the room goes silent and your transported to another place.I tried my friends beats and they did this, even before I put on music the room went silent and it was amazing. I will use these things A LOT in the library and traveling. So I need minimal leakage, right now with my apple headphones I always have to lower my volume to almost zero so no one else can hear my music when I am studying. It wouId be nice if they are easy to transport or are collapsible so I can fit them in my bookbag (but this is not a must). Finally I am a big base guy, I like to get lost in the music, and feel the base taking over. So really what I am looking for is a nice pair of headphones with base that seals out sound and transports me to another place for a budge of around 100 dollars.

Thanks Guys

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 4
You want headphones with base? Perhaps wireless headphones with a base? Not sure what you mean...

Perhaps you mean bass? In this case, i suggest the HFI 580 and strongly recommend not speaking about Beats in these forums.

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 4
Noise cancelling headphones are unfortunately expensive, best that I know near to your budget is around $130 from Audio Technica.

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-ANC7B-Noise-Cancelling-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B002HWJT1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329771174&sr=8-1

Your other option is a decent set of In Ear Monitors which will be high quality and help isolate nose without leaking lots of sound. Have a look round here n the forum...just to get you started ...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638566/best-iem-for-under-100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back