First head-fi meet Netherlands
Nov 11, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #91 of 265
How many people live in the Maastricht, Aachen, Hasselt, Verviers area?

Cosmopragma: Nice to know you're going to be part of it! But *please* hang on to your Omega II till the meet.
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #92 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Sources : Aqvox DAC , Benchmark DAC

Cant wait to hear those two =). Now all we need to find is some Meridian-kind reference-CDP to see how good they really are.

@luuk: please add me to the list of attendees
600smile.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #96 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by morbo667
Cant wait to hear those two =). Now all we need to find is some Meridian-kind reference-CDP to see how good they really are.

@luuk: please add me to the list of attendees
600smile.gif

I don't know if it qualifies as a reference source, but my Berendsen could be part of the meet. Some people considered its sibling, the Gamut CDP to compete right up there with the big boys. On these boards, Tyrion had the Berendsen and he liked it a lot. It throws a great soundstage and has a beautiful organic sound as is. I expect it to come back any day from Mr. Berendsen with a DAC and analog stage upgrade.

I could bring some Berendsen schnaps to go along with it.
wink.gif

Anyone out there with the FOTYear, the Eastsound CD5?

I also will bring the PPX3 SLAM 6sn7 tuberolled to perfection with Ken-Rad VT 231 gain and Tung-Sol D getters output tubes courtesy of Singlepower East.

Nov 11, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #97 of 265
The Berendsen is supposed to be great, I can't wait to hear it. I wouldn't mind hearing some Naim equipment or even a G08 Meridian. By the way I just recieved my Cyrus cdp today, its made a huge improvement to my system.

Nov 11, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #98 of 265
I will join the meet. Whether the end of January or the beginning of February, I don't mind. However, I feel it would be wise if firestarter sets a date right now so people can make definitive plans.

Cheers

Jan

Nov 12, 2005 at 8:22 AM Post #99 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
I will join the meet. Whether the end of January or the beginning of February, I don't mind. However, I feel it would be wise if firestarter sets a date right now so people can make definitive plans.

Cheers

Jan

Very good point!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #100 of 265
What a great idea! Thank you Luuk for initiating this.
I very much like to attend as well. Doesn't matter if the final date is at the end of January or at the beginning of February.
Unfortunately I've got nothing really special to bring. Phones: HD595 and DT931 and if somebody is interested in some cheapos: px100, ep630 and ksc75; Source: a Laptop with Echo Indigo and the old Rega Planet; Amps: a PCMkII and (by then) the Corda Aria.
P.S.: @cosmopragma and @smuh: As I'm in Duesseldorf and do have a car I could pick you up if you like.

Nov 13, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #101 of 265
edit

Nov 13, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #102 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier

Cheers

Jan

The 11th of February it is. I just consulted my parents and they'll most likely be on vacation. If not, they're happy to go visit someone to give us the space and quiet we'll need for a proper Head-Fi meet.

As I've heared nothing to the contrary, I'll assume that everybody who'd like to attend is available on the 11th.

We'll be delighted to hear your amps Jan
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #103 of 265
I am still a bit confused where the meet will be, I have browsed through the thread. But will the meeting be in Hoogeveen, Nieuw-Vennep, or elsewhere?

I would like to come. It kind of depends where it will be held and of course whether I have time on the 11th of february. And maybe you don't want me to come
wink.gif

I am only a "poor" student, therefore I don't have too much gear:

-Shure E4
-iPod 5G
-Philips HP 890
-Koss KSC55
-a whole collection of wrecked sub 40 euro over-the-ear/earbuds/IEMs
icon10.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #104 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoedje
I am still a bit confused where the meet will be, I have browsed through the thread. But will the meeting be in Hoogeveen, Nieuw-Vennep, or elsewhere?

The meet will be held at my parents' place, which is about 10km east of Hoogeveen. I prefer to disclose the address in email, rather than just posting it here
smily_headphones1.gif

hoogeveen1kz.png

Nov 14, 2005 at 8:07 AM Post #105 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter

i'll bring mine as well
smily_headphones1.gif
how does the 595 sound through a cmoy? i need some amplification as well and i'm kinda short on cash
tongue.gif

Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun
biggrin.gif
I'll make sure there's plenty beer and munchies
cool.gif
I'll try and talk my mom into making some delicacies when I get home on saturday
redface.gif

Beer and munchies sounds great, but on the other hand, beer and expensive headphone setups doesn't sound like a great combo.
biggrin.gif

The HD-595 sounds fine trough a cmoy to my ears, but then again, it's the only headphone amp I've ever had, so don't take my word for it.

Hoogeveen seems like far away, but it really shouldn't be a problem. I *might* have my drivers licence by the time this meet gets going.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back