New Head-Fier
HIIIII
I'm new at this forum
i like music so much but absolutely have no knowledge in headphones etc
sory cause my english is kinda "weird" cause english is not my first langguage
i live in melbourne australia

just want to ask for advise from all headfiers

i have a psp, ipod nano and also a cheap chinese mp3 player for portable use
and for home entertainment i have a pionerr dvd player, kenwood laser disck, and very old denon amp

after i found this forum im geeting interested in "ear entertainment" especially headphones
currenty i have 2 very old earphones, a logitech and sony
that's why i want to upgrade my earphone
before i joined this forum i never bought a headphone more than au$40

but now i have some money that i've been saving for 3 months and willing to spend it to get an earphone that headfiers advised to me
im looking on an in ear canal earphone that best in overall(all rounder)

smily_headphones1.gif

wish headfiers welcome me here thx

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 19
Yeah, you need to tell us about your tastes in music before we can recommend a pair of cans. But you can always get the KSC75s as a starting point, since it is the universally accepted cheap cans rivaling the performance of much more expensive cans.

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 19
In addition to what music you listen to, how much are you willing to spend? Headphones start as low as $1 and go all the way up to a few thousand.

By earphones, do you mean in-ear monitors? If so, I would recommend the E3c or ER6i as a good starting place. They can both be had second hand (w/ new tips) for around $70-80 shipped within the US. There are heaps of posts about both of them and I suggest you use the search function. If you want to go for something more expensive, then there are the E4c, Super.Fi 5Pro and ER4P. Again, the search function will be helpful here. Anyhow, you need to tell us your music preferences and max. price before anymore can be said.

Mar 18, 2006 at 12:40 PM Post #7 of 19
Nowhere, melbourne sucks for any headphones, at least 1.5x the price from online shops.
Get either grados, alessandos (modified grados) or a beyer DT880 or DT990 if u will or might listen to music other than rock (its good for rock but shines in female vocals)
Oh definiately get an amp, i recommend one of xin's products because of the great sound quality and oh man, they're TINY
eek.gif

Check em out here : www.fixup.net
I'm sure all these guys will have different opinions about which headphones, amps, etc but i only know one thing for sure: DONT GET HEADPHONES FROM MELBOURNE
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 19
Right, then you have a lot to choose from! All the high-end circumaural headphones are within your reach, however I would recommend going for something more modest like the HD595 first before you go for the "full-monty". The thing is, you might not like the sound signature. The E5c are also within reach if you'd prefer IEMs. The HD595 and the E5c are both very good for rock. However, neither will be able to beat the SR325i (for rock). They are just THAT good. Takes a while to burn-in though, as with many other headphones I've had and tried.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #13 of 19
some people do agree that the e4c is better price vs. performance. Personally with that budget I'd try the UM2's if IEM's are what your looking for.

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
For the conversion that's about: 292$ US - 365$ US.

WOW!! for a first timer he sure has alot of money to spend
tongue.gif

GO ALL OUT!!! get the top of the line IEM's!! (watever that would be)
icon10.gif

i've currently got the ER6i's, they sound very nice and i love the isolation they give. Apparently the ER4's sound a little better. However, at the same time it seems you listen to heavy rock music that has alot of emphasis on bass, and since the ER6i's bass is not the best, i would probably suggest something with more bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back