First Build - CMoy Help (800 KB pics)
Jan 6, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #46 of 53
Alright, I replaced the caps, right now I'm thinking I blew the opamp. I'm ready to order another one, and maybe some larger caps because those are supposed to improve overall sound. Also, probably some different resistors to try on my R5. Oh man...all you guys were right. This hobby does suck you in. I haven't even gotten anything right and I'm already liking it
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyloch
I assume you're not really paying for the opamp, right? Go here:

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folder...t/opa2132.html

and scroll down a little. You can request up to five samples totally free. They pay shipping, too! That's how I got mine...was there within two days.

Well, I'm not paying now!!
biggrin.gif

Thank you so much for that link, it saves me some money, which I am currently a little short of.

Jan 7, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyloch
No prob.

Just don't request sample too frequently; they'll catch on to you!
280smile.gif

I won't need more than these ones I've ordered. If I build a new amp in the future it will be something else anyway
cool.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #52 of 53
Yes, if you've never used said product before, it is risk free to order samples. But if you like it and build more amps, please buy them from distributors like Digikey.

I love sample programs for trying new products that you are unsure of buying. Of course, these OP amps have been around for awhile, but if they're new to you....

-Ed

Jan 8, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #53 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Yes, if you've never used said product before, it is risk free to order samples. But if you like it and build more amps, please buy them from distributors like Digikey.

I love sample programs for trying new products that you are unsure of buying. Of course, these OP amps have been around for awhile, but if they're new to you....

-Ed

I definitely intend to continue supporting people like Digikey, I did all my first order from them and thought their service was very good. Maybe in a few months my interest will come crawling back and I'll have to lose myself in a PPA or something like that. I can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back