FIRST 5.5 GEN IMOD IMPRESSIONS!
Jun 20, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #241 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiped /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One q however, in the dock connector on the ipod (have in mind, this is my first IPOD) there is some flat cabel looking thing, or fabric (at the bottom) that is almost in the way for plugging in the dock cable, i had to flatten it/push it down to be ableget the dock cable in. And after that it is almost "outside the dock connector hole" Anyone know what i'm talking about, sorry a bit hard to describe.. Is that how it whould be, perhaps it's something just to keep everything in place?

A picture would help.

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #242 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A picture would help.

164903380-L.jpg

BTW, Rockbox, evilG Build - 5,5 hours and 37% left.
80% flac 20% mp3, shuffle.

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #243 of 343
It appears that your Ipod was mis-assembled. Did you buy it new?

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #244 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It appears that your Ipod was mis-assembled. Did you buy it new?

Bought it from ALO Audio directly. 80gb $550 with imod.

OK, so this is not how it should be. Atleast its good to know.
So is this fixable by me (guess not...) or do i need to send it back you think?
I would really hate having to send it back now when i just got it.. :frowning2:

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #246 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiped /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One q however, in the dock connector on the ipod (have in mind, this is my first IPOD) there is some flat cabel looking thing, or fabric (at the bottom) that is almost in the way for plugging in the dock cable, i had to flatten it/push it down to be able to get the dock cable in. And after that it is almost "outside the dock connector hole" Anyone know what i'm talking about, sorry a bit hard to describe.. Is that how it whould be, perhaps it's something just to keep everything in place?

Hi wiped,

That is indeed incorrect and shouldn't have happened when the unit was closed after the iMod, and it should have been caught during test/inspection.
I apologize for this inconvenience.

You might be able to *carefully* push that piece of "conductive fabric" back under the dock. I would try with something like a razor blade or something sharp. You can also see if it cuts off easily with a razor blade or X-Acto knife.

If not, please ship it back to me and I'll take care of it.

If you have any other questions/concerns, please EMAIL ME: vinnie@redwineaudio.com

Best regards,

Vinnie

Jun 20, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #247 of 343
Yar, I myself am going to ship my iMod back to Vinnie because there is debris under the screen.

Yes, I am disappointed but I am glad Vinnie takes this seriously and quickly; hard to do this many iMods in such short-given time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #248 of 343
I'm sorry. When I said "Did you buy it new?" I thought it came that way from Apple or someone sold it to you like that used.
I didn't even think about it going through the mod process and being reopened. Sorry. Looking at it in hindsight, it looks like I was insinuating and I truly wasn't.

Jun 20, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #249 of 343
Np.

I'll fix the issue myself, i was mostly worried that the part "sticking" out was something that was fragile.

Regarding Rockbox, It went on for 10 hours and 24 Minutes.
Shuffle with Mostly Flac but also MP3, I occasionally went to the IPOD changing tracks etc to simulate daily use.. I'm more than happy with getting about 10 hours, from comments in the forum i thought i would be getting 4-5 or something.

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #250 of 343
iMod and cable arrived today. Believe it or not I haven't even tried to listen to it - been busy. I plugged the new cable into my 5g iPod, loaded one song (at 128kb), set it to repeat and hope to get close to 12 hours burn on the new cable.

So, when I actually get a chance to try later, the new box should have some burn in and i hope magicical musical sounds!

More to come...

Jun 21, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #251 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iMod and cable arrived today. Believe it or not I haven't even tried to listen to it - been busy. I plugged the new cable into my 5g iPod, loaded one song (at 128kb), set it to repeat and hope to get close to 12 hours burn on the new cable.

So, when I actually get a chance to try later, the new box should have some burn in and i hope magicical musical sounds!

More to come...

Get rid of that 128 CRAP!!!!!!

Hopefully you are just using for burn-in!!!

iMOD+LOSSLESS=
3000smile.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #252 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get rid of that 128 CRAP!!!!!!

Hopefully you are just using for burn-in!!!

iMOD+LOSSLESS=
3000smile.gif

What, you think you can tell the difference between 128 and Lossless?

Relax! I'm using 128 to extend battery life during the burn in. (I've been listening to Lossless exclusively for about 2 years now. Yes, I can tell the difference.)

Jun 21, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #253 of 343
I just received my iMod and ALO Supper Cotton dock cable this morning. WOW it's is huge improvement over stock ipod or any other mp3 player i ever used. Thanks Vinnie and Ken
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #254 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my iMod and ALO Supper Cotton dock cable this morning. WOW it's is huge improvement over stock ipod or any other mp3 player i ever used.

I told ya, I told ya-I told ya!! LOL!!!!!!!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back