FIRST 5.5 GEN IMOD IMPRESSIONS!
Jun 17, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #226 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am excited as well. For the 6moons Imod review Ken is sending me some docks and cables for the review as well. What I am really looking forward to is him sending me a sample of the V-cap fitted wooden docks.

Hey Recstar24,

We are rushing to get you a non "brick" version. The prototype looked much like a walnut wood brick. For simplicity sake I like the stark brick look but I am kind of odd. The final versions will be quite attractive. But for sure I am getting one out to you by the end of this week.

Thanks!

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 17, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #227 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Recstar24,

We are rushing to get you a non "brick" version. The prototype looked much like a walnut wood brick. For simplicity sake I like the stark brick look but I am kind of odd. The final versions will be quite attractive. But for sure I am getting one out to you by the end of this week.

Thanks!

Ken

Yes!!! Thanks Ken. I believe we will miss out on the dock for the Chicago meet this Saturday, but Vinnie did say the Imod and 2 of your docks for the 5th gen should be available. Looking forward to it.

Jun 18, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #228 of 343
Hmmm...the wood dock sounds REALLY cool!

Jun 18, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #229 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes!!! Thanks Ken. I believe we will miss out on the dock for the Chicago meet this Saturday, but Vinnie did say the Imod and 2 of your docks for the 5th gen should be available. Looking forward to it.

No way man I am going to try and overnight that bad boy to you for the meet also! Vinnie gave me your address and we actually hope to have it done by Wed.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 18, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #230 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No way man I am going to try and overnight that bad boy to you for the meet also! Vinnie gave me your address and we actually hope to have it done by Wed.

Ken

Even greater news! I am sure the guys will get plenty of time with the setup. Since its a smaller meet, everyone will get an opportunity to check out the imod with v-dock for a longer time, with considerably less interference from others. Thank you Vinnie and Ken for pulling through on such short notice, I appreciate it. I'll be able to start that review as well much sooner than expected
icon10.gif

Ryan

Jun 18, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #231 of 343
Please help! I love my 80g iMod and sonically it sounds incredible, but I would like to have more control on the eq...iPod doesn't have great choices. I installed Rockbox, but it seems that any eq changes made affect only the headphone output, not the dock output. Am I missing a setting in Rockbox or it is what it is?
Thanks.

Jun 18, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #232 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Major if you are into details, better low end, blacker backround and musical depth in layers your stock ipod just isnt capapble of.

It's a wow factor out of the box and the improvements are 10 fold after even 50 hours of burn in!

Okay, so I guess we'll see. I ordered a 5.5 iMod and Cryo X yesterday. I expect them to arrive in a couple days and will post my impressions. Thanks Todd, I think!

Jun 18, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #233 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, so I guess we'll see. I ordered a 5.5 iMod and Cryo X yesterday. I expect them to arrive in a couple days and will post my impressions. Thanks Todd, I think!

My blues brotha from another motha your gonna love it!!!!!!!!

Jun 18, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #234 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm...the wood dock sounds REALLY cool!

x2
The iMod wood dock might very well be what I need to seriously consider buying a 5G iMod.

Jun 19, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #236 of 343
If you guys check out the iMod page at Ken's website, it seems like today he added an iMod female dock for $75. So therefore all you need to do is add ANY kind of male-to-male cable and you're set!

Jun 19, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #237 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you guys check out the iMod page at Ken's website, it seems like today he added an iMod female dock for $75. So therefore all you need to do is add ANY kind of male-to-male cable and you're set!

It just keep getting better. Can not wait for my Dock!

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #238 of 343
i wonder how the 5g imod dock/power dock combo is gonna pan out... but yeah, things are in fact getting better! i already bought the 5.5g 80gb ready to be modded. the wait is brutal!

Jun 20, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #239 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder how much better the Cryo cable would be than one of those 6" Cardas cables (like you get on headroom)?

Iv already got the Cardas cable, but If I get an imod I dont want to be missing out if the Cardas really isnt up to par using the female dock.

Jun 20, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #240 of 343
Just got home From London and a package with a Hornet and a package with a 80gig IMOD and Cotton Dock where waiting for me. Thanks for the excellent service Ray and Ken. Now i only need my Triple.fi...

I've been listening a bit already and i'm VERY impressed by the sound, BIG difference compared to my X5L i've been using.
Details, Soundstage, etc etc...
The sound is just "as it should be" without having to use an EQ or anything.

One q however, in the dock connector on the ipod (have in mind, this is my first IPOD) there is some flat cabel looking thing, or fabric (at the bottom) that is almost in the way for plugging in the dock cable, i had to flatten it/push it down to be able to get the dock cable in. And after that it is almost "outside the dock connector hole" Anyone know what i'm talking about, sorry a bit hard to describe.. Is that how it whould be, perhaps it's something just to keep everything in place?

Now i've just installed Rockbox and are doing a battery test just to see if it's workable or not, 4 hours and counting (flac/MP3:s) and 50% left of the battery. Hmm wonder if the % meter is correct..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back