Firestone Little Country
Apr 15, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 13
Is that^ my thread?
cool.gif

I seems to be the only member of team FSLC (FireStone Little Country)
tongue.gif
If you have any question, welcome to ask.

Apr 15, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that^ my thread?
cool.gif

I seems to be the only member of team FSLC (FireStone Little Country)
tongue.gif
If you have any question, welcome to ask.

I am runnig music through the built-in DAC of Dared MP-5 from my computer. I get interested in LC because I'm considering going separate component DAC and a tube amp. I wonder if you would know how they compare to each other?

Apr 15, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #8 of 13
Unfortunately, I don't use DAC (since I don't connect it to my PC). In general, you properly don't need a separate DAC unless the one in you computer is really suck (after all, a good quality sound card is a good DAC). I suggest you try getting the amp first, tweak it (rolling tube, see my thread) so it work well with your current 'phone, than consider if an extra DAC will help.

The good thing is, LC is a hybird amp and it benefits from the advantage of both solid state and tube amp (see FAQ). DAC might help if the computer's analog output suck (general case of AC97 sound card), otherwise you are good as it is. Remember that the magic of tube amp is actually with in the distortion.

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #9 of 13
I love my Little Country III. I started out with a Cute II Amp, and I like it so much that I took a gamble on the LC III. It sounds just great. I have it hooked up to my old Marantz 63SE. I am saving my pennies to buy a new CD player and/or DAC. Now I just have to figure out what I want next.

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxxdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my Little Country III. I started out with a Cute II Amp, and I like it so much that I took a gamble on the LC III. It sounds just great. I have it hooked up to my old Marantz 63SE. I am saving my pennies to buy a new CD player and/or DAC. Now I just have to figure out what I want next.

I really like the Fubar II that i just got. So, I would imagine that it would be a perfect match!

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #11 of 13
I've thought about a Fubar, and it's on my short list. I am also thinking about a spitfire but I don't know if it would make that much of a difference.

I have seen the LCIII for $399.00. I paid $449.00. Still, I am happy with my choice.

Jun 5, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #12 of 13
Im enjoying the Fubar II with a Cute Beyond. Will be adding Power Supplier (2). This is my home computer desktop setup with Swans M10 speakers. Im am more than happy with it. My portable is an iBasso D2 - rocks!

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #13 of 13
I bought mine here. You're very right - its pretty pricy. I had a very hard time deciding if it was worth nearly $500, but honestly I absolutely love it and I can't imagine if I picked up something else.

If you have any questions - also feel free to ask!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back