firefox is oozing all over the place
Jul 21, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definately. Firefox is a slug in comparsion.

IMO opera sucks. I tried switching to it and I even forced myself to use it and pretend to like it... but there were lots of little missing features and stuff that just drove me nuts... and it was no faster than firefox. I admit it used less memory, but then again, I don't have the big memory leak problem people report with firefox, and on top of that I have 2gb of ram.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #32 of 40
I just tried Firefox again and photos load slow as heeck. I've downloaded countless FF plugins to date and I can honestly say that the few ones I've missed are CoolIris and the DownloadTaskbar ones. Stumble Upon was pretty good too though it's not necessary by any means.

Opera has this distinct feature that makes me salivate everytime I use it. The ability to add any search engines to the default one you're given. I have Napster's, Youtube's, LastFM's, Ebay's, Amazon's, Reseller Ratings's engines in one convenient location without even opening up a webpage.

Jul 21, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #33 of 40
I'm using FF here, with 5 tabs running - using 90,154kb
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #36 of 40
so I installed the ff3 alpha and it is pretty snappy. For 5 tabs it hovers around 75k mem usage. Pretty good so far.

Jul 22, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Opera has this distinct feature that makes me salivate everytime I use it. The ability to add any search engines to the default one you're given. I have Napster's, Youtube's, LastFM's, Ebay's, Amazon's, Reseller Ratings's engines in one convenient location without even opening up a webpage.

You can add search engines on Firefox too.

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #40 of 40
I'm sure mine is using more memory because I have a few add-ons that I refuse to do without (The session fix one I just can't live without). But I don't really mind. As long as it's stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back