Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #6,076 of 6,223
my XE6 has developed some connector issue unfortunately. Those 2 pin gets loose easily or on slight movement.
I have created the RMA, hopefully it will be a quick turnaround as I am used to XE6 and going back to other IEM is not easy for me.

Mar 5, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #6,077 of 6,223
my XE6 has developed some connector issue unfortunately. Those 2 pin gets loose easily or on slight movement.
I have created the RMA, hopefully it will be a quick turnaround as I am used to XE6 and going back to other IEM is not easy for me.
The pin holes or the clear 2 pin receptacle? The latter can be tightened down, and the whole point of the IEM design is so that the two pin connectors themselves are user serviceable. I'm pretty sure the set screw is the same size as the atom XS modules. Try tightening it. The connector should be designed like a tube spacer/saver so the accessory eats all of the connections from rolling but the hardware side just gets the one-time connection saving it.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #6,078 of 6,223
The pin holes or the clear 2 pin receptacle? The latter can be tightened down, and the whole point of the IEM design is so that the two pin connectors themselves are user serviceable. I'm pretty sure the set screw is the same size as the atom XS modules. Try tightening it. The connector should be designed like a tube spacer/saver so the accessory eats all of the connections from rolling but the hardware side just gets the one-time connection saving it.
when I put in the 2 pin cable they go in the right earpiece without any force and hence there is no snap or friction to keep them in place and the cable comes out of earpiece on slight movement.
Is it something I can fix at home ?

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #6,079 of 6,223
when I put in the 2 pin cable they go in the right earpiece without any force and hence there is no snap or friction to keep them in place and the cable comes out of earpiece on slight movement.
Is it something I can fix at home ?
Well, I assume the pin module would pull out easily with the cable as a removal "tool" once the set screw is loosened up. Depends on how firm the module is in the housing once the set screw is loosened. I'm sure there's a way. But yeah, when they send modules they may send a specific tool for the retention. Should be free under warranty and user serviceable just like the mesh screen replacements.

Mar 5, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #6,080 of 6,223
With our deign we can have the connectors replaced and back out the next day. Most cases are at no charge and if there is a charge it’s not expensive. Some competitors in our city charge $300 just to look at the damn thing. Incredible the stories I hear.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Mar 6, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #6,081 of 6,223
With our deign we can have the connectors replaced and back out the next day. Most cases are at no charge and if there is a charge it’s not expensive. Some competitors in our city charge $300 just to look at the damn thing. Incredible the stories I hear.
Some competitors also try to charge for repairs in warranty and charge for shipping the unit back that they failed to quality inspect with over a 6 week turn-around (I'm not mad about it... yes i am) *while gaslighting you*

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #6,082 of 6,223
Need suggestion for custom IEM, should we go with internal Atom or Atom X? In case of internal do we have to tell which Atom to use or a default one is applied ? Also for cable R2-pin or RCX? I guess R2-pin is better for non musician so that we can use any 03rd party cable as RCX will be harder to find .

Mar 10, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #6,083 of 6,223
Need suggestion for custom IEM, should we go with internal Atom or Atom X? In case of internal do we have to tell which Atom to use or a default one is applied ? Also for cable R2-pin or RCX? I guess R2-pin is better for non musician so that we can use any 03rd party cable as RCX will be harder to find .
RCX looks like a nice connector but hard to get cables for, I went with the 2 pin. I went with the Atom X since was told the internal atom is only the stock which is close to red. If you call FIR they are very friendly and helpful.

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #6,084 of 6,223
Despite I almost never change the silver module out of my Xe6 CIEM, I would strongly recommend you go with ATOM X modules instead of internal.

A CIEM is kind of a lifetime investment I figure, so I think it’s much better to have the option to tweak the modules depending on your source/cable pairing. Or if you need more/less isolation depending on how and where you’re listening.

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #6,085 of 6,223
Despite I almost never change the silver module out of my Xe6 CIEM, I would strongly recommend you go with ATOM X modules instead of internal.

A CIEM is kind of a lifetime investment I figure, so I think it’s much better to have the option to tweak the modules depending on your source/cable pairing. Or if you need more/less isolation depending on how and where you’re listening.
This

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #6,087 of 6,223
Mar 11, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #6,088 of 6,223
Thanks for all the suggestion.
Valuable indeed.
I’m struggling with good aesthetic look to go for my customs. Could you guys suggest some cool design or post pics of your custom IEM. I can ask my wife to design for me but I’m worried she will see the price :o2smile:

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #6,089 of 6,223
Thank you @bogdan belonozhko for coming to CJ NYC and letting us demo your products. It was a pleasure to audition the Rn6 and Xe6. Loved the Xenon 6. Incredible IEM. :L3000:

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #6,090 of 6,223

dat bass!

giphy.gif

Edit - here is a link to the track on youtube. I think that track is only available on Soundcloud for their premium memberships maybe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back