Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Dec 18, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #5,701 of 6,234
RN6, CP-100+ and now with OC Studio Frozen 8w (new release). Richer, fuller soundstage (that's already pretty wide). Added a bit of depth. Bass even tighter and notes are more defined/outlined. Felt like there's an increase in bass quantity, but never bloated. The mids are the highlights. Brought out what's slightly missing with the RN6, which in effect created more layers and separations. Wonderful combo! This is with the default Red filter and DX320. Running through A100TB+PS100Pro is yet another experience. Other $4-5K+ IEMs may be technically better, but I'm not sure can provide the same level of engagement.

IMG_0385.JPG

Have a new cable coming too, so excited and will update with impressions on the RN6. Totally agree, there are more technical iems at this price point, but RN6 still offers very high levels of separation and detail retrieval, really nice sense of space, and a tuning that's engaging, clean, warm-neutral and enjoyable across a wide range of genres. Excellent timbre too. That plus really best in class bass (imo), and fantastic comfort makes them my favorite EDC that I've tried to date.

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #5,703 of 6,234
My hospital room isn't the most optimal place for a photo, but my custom Electron 12 SwapX faceplates arrived today from FiR Audio. They arrived compact carry case with SwapX faceplates held in place by magnets.

I selected Polar Nights with rainbow FiRry and E12 logos. I think they turned out great, slightly matching the color of the shells, and logos stood out a bit more. The rainbow logos transition between silver and gold based on light reflection.

OG E12 faceplates

IMG_2957.jpeg

SwapX faceplate case

IMG_2959.jpeg

Polar Nights with rainbow FiRRY and E12 logos

IMG_2963.jpeg

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #5,704 of 6,234
My hospital room isn't the most optimal place for a photo, but my custom Electron 12 SwapX faceplates arrived today from FiR Audio. They arrived compact carry case with SwapX faceplates held in place by magnets.

I selected Polar Nights with rainbow FiRry and E12 logos. I think they turned out great, slightly matching the color of the shells, and logos stood out a bit more. The rainbow logos transition between silver and gold based on light reflection.

OG E12 faceplates

IMG_2957.jpeg

SwapX faceplate case

IMG_2959.jpeg

Polar Nights with rainbow FiRRY and E12 logos

IMG_2963.jpeg
They look absolutely gorgeous 🤩 Polar nights is my fav faceplate in FiR lineup. Left side CIEM XE6 with Polar night 😍

Attachments

• IMG_6496.jpeg
    IMG_6496.jpeg
    536.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 18, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #5,705 of 6,234
Hi everybody .
Is there much difference between xe6 UIEM and CIEM as for kinetic bass vent effect ?
I have used Uni XE6 for close to 7-8 months and felt in love with Kinetic Bass. It’s not only Bass but overall tuning is great and to me it is a fun loving IEM I was looking for. Later upgraded to CIEM XE6 and it was just another level of enjoyment for me. Bass was more pronounced and clarity was top notch. With Uni I had to adjust the IEM every 20-25 minutes due to weight but with CIEM its great fit and just disappears in my ears. If possible try to take a demo and then take the plunge for CIEMS. Hope it helps 👍

Dec 18, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #5,706 of 6,234
Hi everybody .
Is there much difference between xe6 UIEM and CIEM as for kinetic bass vent effect ?
I won't repeat many of the excellent comments on this that others have mentioned, except to add that with the CIEM you'll get the best isolation possible, likely much better than you could get with the universal, so your perception of the bass in any environment with ambient noise will be significantly improved. So in this sense, yeah, I'd say the CIEM will give you the best possible experience of Xe6 as FiR designed it.

If someone was purchasing their first Fir audio and liked bass and a warm sound what should they buy?
Hands down Xe6, it's easily the best mid-bass of any IEM I've heard, and for me that's what makes it so special. This is all highly subjective of course, and there are plenty of folks that it much too warm, but for me it has a an almost hypnotic or even narcotic affect that I find extremely addictive.

Dec 18, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #5,708 of 6,234
If someone was purchasing their first Fir audio and liked bass and a warm sound what should they buy?

Hands down Xe6, it's easily the best mid-bass of any IEM I've heard, and for me that's what makes it so special. This is all highly subjective of course, and there are plenty of folks that it much too warm, but for me it has a an almost hypnotic or even narcotic affect that I find extremely addictive.

Definitely Xenon 6

IMG_1415.jpeg

Dec 18, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #5,710 of 6,234
Seeing all those comments. Should I try the xenon….? I have the radon, and they are great. Main genres are trance, hiphop, electronic pop/ rock and Hans Zimmer/ scores.
That shoulda been your first stop with those genres :wink:

Dec 18, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #5,711 of 6,234
Seeing all those comments. Should I try the xenon….? I have the radon, and they are great. Main genres are trance, hiphop, electronic pop/ rock and Hans Zimmer/ scores.
Rn6 is great with those genres, but I reckon Xe6 is on another level entirely. If you said you listen to more classical, folk/acoustic, singer songwriter type stuff, then you might stick with the Rn6, but with the more bassy stuff you mention, Xe6 is a clear winner for it's thicker, punchier and more dynamic presence in the middle of the stage. imho, of course :)

Dec 18, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #5,712 of 6,234
asking to users of multiple iems ( xe6 included ) , do you find the kinetic bass vent have a peculiar effect or give to sound a peculiar different signature , and it is definitely discernible , or you would say instead that it is subtle enough to tell ?

then asking to users of Fir Audio CIEMs , do you find the CIEM you own and their UIEM counterpart have a different sound signature , besides being CIEM much better for fit and weight ? and in positive case , does it result in any difference in hearing/sensing bass and its moving air pressure effect in particular ?
if you had chance to compare

Thanks in advance for answers
Having the Mest MK2 BCD, Rn6 Kinetic and EVO BCD...

The MK2 BCD only works for certain frequencies/instruments like kick drums or low bass guitar where you can definitely pick it out, otherwise it just kind of enhances certain real instruments and wouldn't count on it for electronic music.
The EVO has a strange pinging layered on voices when listening to spoken word (listening to youtube/podcasts in between music sessions) but makes all manner of bass just better (and i recently sold the Legend X). *this odd effect doesn't present itself during music just low quality spoken word in a studio*
The Rn6 Kinetic effect was most noticeable to me for the first time on Jack Harlow's "First Class". Now I don't normally listen to Mr. Harlow but it came on shuffle and I was gaming so I didn't skip... what had happened was at the passage 1:39-2:01 there's a low synth line that feels like its moving in and out of your inner ear rather than just sounding off.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #5,714 of 6,234
A man cannot agree more.

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #5,715 of 6,234
Hi everybody .
I had the RN6 universal and loved so much I ordered the CIEM. Resale value of the Universal is high as well. With the consistent fit and lack of movement I believe you do get an “always there” presence of the kinetic bass. I just added the DITA Celeste silver cable and it just made the sound stage much wider, great instrument separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back