Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Oct 19, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #5,296 of 6,223
Hello everyone, I placed an order for my ciem Rn 6 through a HK local retailer on August 12 (during the HK audio show), and it has been almost 10 weeks since then. I contacted the retailer yesterday, and they told me that there are still three people in line before me, and none of them have received their iem yet. I have seen some of you get yours in 4-6 weeks, and some who ordered after me have already got theirs. Is this delay normal?

If so, should I try to reach out to them directly? What is the best way to contact them? I have heard that their support team is not very responsive.
There was a big shipment that went to HK late last week. I’m assuming your order is in that shipment. There is always some delay receiving the orders on our end from the dealers. We get impressions sometimes weeks after you place the order. Some of these things are out of our control. We try our best to reduce the time but between impression transit and product transit back that’s around 1.5 weeks right there.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Oct 19, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #5,297 of 6,223
There was a big shipment that went to HK late last week. I’m assuming your order is in that shipment. There is always some delay receiving the orders on our end from the dealers. We get impressions sometimes weeks after you place the order. Some of these things are out of our control. We try our best to reduce the time but between impression transit and product transit back that’s around 1.5 weeks right there.
Thanks for the quick response. I get the shipment stuff and the delays. Hope to get my order soon!

Oct 20, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #5,298 of 6,223
Thanks for the quick response. I get the shipment stuff and the delays. Hope to get my order soon!
Krypton and Radon! Look forward to your impressions

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #5,299 of 6,223
Ahhh :heart_eyes:

$1,799USD

IMG_0003.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #5,304 of 6,223
Is the tactile bass same as the kinetic bass of the radon 6? If I can get that at a none ridiculous price count me in.
I heard an e12 prototype at the StereoNet Australia show today and it sounded nothing like xe6 or any of the frontiers for that matter. Sub bass was great with plenty of rumble, but it felt a bit thin in the mids, with a bit too much lower treble for my liking. Maybe the final version is different from what I heard, but I wasn’t particularly impressed tbh.

Oct 21, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #5,305 of 6,223
I heard an e12 prototype at the StereoNet Australia show today and it sounded nothing like xe6 or any of the frontiers for that matter. Sub bass was great with plenty of rumble, but it felt a bit thin in the mids, with a bit too much lower treble for my liking. Maybe the final version is different from what I heard, but I wasn’t particularly impressed tbh.
Oh yeah, I was at the same show haha. Didn't get to try the e12, but really loved the Radon 6.

Oct 21, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #5,306 of 6,223
Oh yeah, I was at the same show haha. Didn't get to try the e12, but really loved the Radon 6.
Well the show’s still on tomorrow, the Minidisc guys had e12 along with all the other FiRs and heaps of others. I’m thinking to go back to give e12 another listen along with VEX and Volur..

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #5,307 of 6,223
That describes the sound almost exactly like the graph I've seen of it. But the proof is always in hearing first hand. Layering, texture, note weight, all can't be graphically described. If I hadn't seen the graph, I may have blind bought. But will probably hold off till I can get a demo. Please please please let's get a tour going for this.

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #5,309 of 6,223
You could always drive down to FiR and have an audition, not too far.
Ha! Yeah, I need to visit friends in Portland anyway. So if I do, I'll have to detour during regular business hours. 😉

Oct 21, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #5,310 of 6,223

That's the impression I've read and heard. Here's what Steve at Bloom shared with me.

Hey Terry,

Steve here. Matt and I got to listen to E12 for about 20-30 minutes each at CanJam, so not enough time for a proper review, but good enough to get a solid idea of the core characteristics. We had very similar impressions.

E12 is VERY fast and resolving. The bass has a a physical element to it, but is more accurate/tight/linear with a little punchiness, rather than clearly emphasized. Mids are excellent with a very natural timbre. I'd say that it's almost like a cross between the HIFIMAN Svanar and Final A8000 as single DDs go. It almost has the best qualities of each, with A8000's resolution, but Svanar's more natural delivery.

It seems like it would be a great complement to the other FiR IEMs, for a stronger focus on detail and resolution that doesn't totally lose the character of FiR Audio's bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back