Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Oct 8, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #5,221 of 6,233
Does anyone have any favorite tips for Rn6?

Seems like I have been through everything...Spin Fit, Spiral Dots, Xelastic, Symbio W. Coreair

I would hate to go to foam, but it just seems like I can't get a great seal and that's where I think I am heading...

Thanks in advance.

Tom
For my ears, Divinus Velvet & Eletech Baroque provides the best comfortable, deep & isolating fit.

Oct 8, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #5,223 of 6,233
Oct 8, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #5,224 of 6,233
Actually they are selling on their website a new atom XS modules with anodized paint so it doesn't come off. I don't know though about the new batch of frontier series. Did they give the anodized version or not. Here's the link to the post : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fir-audio-thread-discussion-and-impressions.910581/post-17618598
Judging from the picture at my first attempt, I don't think mine were anodized. A man was trying to switch modules before leaving the house this morning but failed at his first attempt. Thanks for the link though! 🙂

Oct 8, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #5,225 of 6,233
This Divinus Velvet i have on the way to me. With Spinfit CP360. But I'm most curious about Pentaconn COREIR. I see some reviews and they look very promising. :wink:
Be careful before purchasing coreir. The brass ring make the nozzle longer so less contact with the kinetic bass vent.

Attachments

• P_20230827_212252.jpg
    P_20230827_212252.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 8, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #5,227 of 6,233
Be careful before purchasing coreir. The brass ring make the nozzle longer so less contact with the kinetic bass vent.
OK. Thank you for info. I would find this out later when arrive. I like to ask here about comparison XE6 with Fatfreq Meastro SE. I not searching yet, but this is my next looked out IEM. Grand maestro design for me not acceptable. Thanks for any info. :wink:

Oct 8, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #5,229 of 6,233
Does anyone have any favorite tips for Rn6?

Seems like I have been through everything...Spin Fit, Spiral Dots, Xelastic, Symbio W. Coreair

I would hate to go to foam, but it just seems like I can't get a great seal and that's where I think I am heading...

Thanks in advance.

Tom
My favorite are Spiral Dots. It did take some experimentation to nail down my fit. I don’t think they sell a sampler pack, so they are a pain in the ass to size, but they have been a revelation in terms of how good a silicone tip can seal.

Even with a perfect seal, the Dots don’t isolate as well as foam. I don’t think any silicone tip does. But the Dots are the second-most isolating silicone tip I’ve tried next to Xelastic, which (best-in-class isolation aside) I didn’t like much.

If you do end up going with foam, I highly recommend the new Comply 500 Ovals. Superior sound compared to the originals; isolation remains the same… which is to say, the very best available. They are my new go-to for very noisy environments.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #5,230 of 6,233
Good morning everybody. :wink:

3 days a go i recive XE6. And last 2 days i searching some tips for this IEM. I must finally say, that Sajid in his video has right. Symbio W with XA6 is best combination. Maybe is too early for morning rock, but AC/DC playing on these IEM with this eartips absolutely amazing. I testing Dunu S&S, Final Audio Type E, SpinFit W1 and Symbio are top for me.

20231008_085540.jpg
AZLA SednaEarfit classic/short here - works best for me, actually everywhere. I suggest you to take a look…

Oct 8, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #5,231 of 6,233
This Divinus Velvet i have on the way to me. With Spinfit CP360. But I'm most curious about Pentaconn COREIR. I see some reviews and they look very promising. :wink:
COREIR doesn't fit every ears, but if they do they are the best with i.e. Xe6.

Oct 8, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #5,232 of 6,233
OK. Thank you for info. I would find this out later when arrive. I like to ask here about comparison XE6 with Fatfreq Meastro SE. I not searching yet, but this is my next looked out IEM. Grand maestro design for me not acceptable. Thanks for any info. :wink:
Depends what sound signature you like, they are very different.
FF have more bass/subs and recessed mids. Xe6 are much more class with their fuller range and elevated midbass - more mature and bolder with guitars.
FFSE - metal/rock guitars are recessed like listening to a hifi with "loudness" turned On, Xe6 - more forward and punchier.
For my listening tastes - metal, rock, alternative, guitar and drums oriented music Xe6 are much better choice.

Did you tried Symphonium Meteor or CA Dorado2020? They are also in that direction and great bang for the buck.

Oct 8, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #5,233 of 6,233
Depends what sound signature you like, they are very different.
FF have more bass/subs and recessed mids. Xe6 are much more class with their fuller range and elevated midbass - more mature and bolder with guitars.
FFSE - metal/rock guitars are recessed like listening to a hifi with "loudness" turned On, Xe6 - more forward and punchier.
For my listening tastes - metal, rock, alternative, guitar and drums oriented music Xe6 are much better choice.

Did you tried Symphonium Meteor or CA Dorado2020? They are also in that direction and great bang for the buck.
Thank you for info. I will try found more info FF maestro.

No exp with Symphonium or Campfire audio yet.

Oct 9, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #5,234 of 6,233
Thank you for info. I will try found more info FF maestro.

No exp with Symphonium or Campfire audio yet.
Meteor is something between FFSE and Xe6, Dorado is like "more aggressive Xe6".
Not the same class as Xe6 but both are really great for what they cost ($500 SM and $900 CA).

FFSE and Meteor - I loaned demo units from Elise Audio UK some time ago,
so if they sent to Poland, they will probably do the same with Czech, great customer service.

Oct 9, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #5,235 of 6,233
Meteor is something between FFSE and Xe6, Dorado is like "more aggressive Xe6".
Not the same class as Xe6 but both are really great for what they cost ($500 SM and $900 CA).

FFSE and Meteor - I loaned demo units from Elise Audio UK some time ago,
so if they sent to Poland, they will probably do the same with Czech, great customer service.
The great thing is that if you do reach out, you'll find that 99% are stoked to find another person willing to discuss this stuff!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back