Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Sep 1, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #5,071 of 6,538
Can you confirm for me.

Custom Rn6 with "internal" venting.

Is that the equivalent of the Silver and it is not interchangeable?
Customs will continue a little longer, internal is not changeable. It can’t change to atom x in the future either.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Sep 2, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #5,072 of 6,538
@bogdan belonozhko

I am quite interested in the Xe6. I have tested it in the past and even brought it home as a demo and I had not liked it - yep, really not. Yesterday was the third time, again a demo over the weekend and man, I'm sold, period! It is crass how much preferences change within a few months. I'll be listening to it more closely until Monday, but so far I'd say it's my favorite of the TOTLs. Let's see if this was a matter of yesterday's whim or in the long run…

Anyway, I'm really excited about it and I'm thinking of having a custom made. A few questions about this:

1. I read on the website that there is a version for "musician" and "audiophile". What is the difference?
2. Are there any preferences to be given after the ear impressions as far as fit is concerned?
3. FirAudio Berlin said that the process can also take 8 weeks. But on FirAudio.com there is the option of "expedited build" even within 3 or even 7 business days. Is this option possible if I order from FirAudio in Berlin?

Big kudos to Mr. Raufmann of FirAudio Berlin (In Ear Berlin) for the unlimited patience and support with the demos and questions, I'd love for you to pass on that praise 🙂.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #5,075 of 6,538
Thank you for the fast answer.

So the Audiophile version is supposed to be more comfortable, right?

And it struck me now that Musician is not available as 2pin, is that correct?
I wasn't even aware that there was a difference, I ordered because the audiophile option automatically added Atom X for my M4 and Rn6.

From comparisons I did though, the audiophile fit reached the same depth ad my 64 Audio customs. So I'd be surprised if there was a deeper fit.

Don't take me at my word but I believe you use to be able to select RCX/2 pin on Musician, but RCX now only for that option. Oddly RN6 is locked to 2 pin for Audiophile even though the rest of the models let you choose.

Sep 2, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #5,076 of 6,538
@bogdan belonozhko

I am quite interested in the Xe6. I have tested it in the past and even brought it home as a demo and I had not liked it - yep, really not. Yesterday was the third time, again a demo over the weekend and man, I'm sold, period! It is crass how much preferences change within a few months. I'll be listening to it more closely until Monday, but so far I'd say it's my favorite of the TOTLs. Let's see if this was a matter of yesterday's whim or in the long run…

Anyway, I'm really excited about it and I'm thinking of having a custom made. A few questions about this:

1. I read on the website that there is a version for "musician" and "audiophile". What is the difference?
2. Are there any preferences to be given after the ear impressions as far as fit is concerned?
3. FirAudio Berlin said that the process can also take 8 weeks. But on FirAudio.com there is the option of "expedited build" even within 3 or even 7 business days. Is this option possible if I order from FirAudio in Berlin?

Big kudos to Mr. Raufmann of FirAudio Berlin (In Ear Berlin) for the unlimited patience and support with the demos and questions, I'd love for you to pass on that praise 🙂.
Congrats man!

austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

Wondering what'd you listen to that clinched it for you??

As far as fit goes, I've got both the custom Xe6 and A12t, the nozzle on the latter is just a bit longer and sits a bit deeper. But in usage, I can't really tell the difference tbh.

Timing-wise, my Xe6 took about 5 weeks return from when I dropped off my impressions at Minidisc Sydney, faster than I'd expected actually, considering the overseas shipping each way. My view is that if it's a CIEM, what's the rush? Gonna have it for the long-haul anyways what's a few weeks to wait for it, the anticipation is an event in itself.

Sep 2, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #5,077 of 6,538
Hello All.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far. Just returning back from a week-long, road-trippin' holiday from Northern Ireland (Highly recommended 👍).

Just wanted to give an update since my one and only post on this thread.

Some things I learned about my CIEM's and DAP that may be common knowledge, but for newbie audio enthusiasts as myself, here are some tips for the best sound out of your custom Radon 6's...

1. Tighten the cable strap under your chin, it's not just there for decoration for these particular pair of CIEM's. The kinetic drivers on the side add so many dynamics to the bass, mids and even treble, so the closer of a fit you get those to the head, the more amazingerer they will sound.

2. These numbers are specifically for those with a Cayin N8ii ( or perhaps any Cayin DAC???), but perhaps the general idea can apply to everyone with this setting in their player. The DSD compensation was a bit confusing for me at first, and as these are my first venture into high end audio territory, I wasn't exactly sure how it was supposed to properly sound to begin with. By ear, I settled on +4 in DSD compensation. I was happy to find out later, that @Andykong recommended between +4 and +6. However, I typically find +4 was perfect when in Class AB P+ mode, but a bit too lean in sound when on Class A mode. At first I would shy away from this setting, (even though I loved the separation and naturalness of the mode, especially for jazz, blues and 60's rock.)

Long story short, it wasn't until 30 minutes ago that it donned on me to bump up the DSD compensation to +6 when in Class A and OMG!! :ksc75smile:🤯:poop:...So please, trust your ears and don't be afraid to play with the settings until you find what works best for your enjoyment.

That's really all...But I just wanna end by saying these Radon 6's exceed my expectations every day. So revealing, I can hear EVERYTHING...but it all sounds natural and just fun, and this is by far my best purchase in recent memory. So, thanks again to the Fir Audio team, as well as Elise Audio for their help with understanding my Cayin and their patients with my million questions.

And great job at CanJam!!!! Can't forget that

K Bye.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #5,078 of 6,538
Hey guys is there still room for one Radon 6 owner here? :ksc75smile:

All jokes aside, i'm pretty much blown away with what Fir Audio has done to it. This is my first IEM from them, coming from Noble Audio. Guess my "tastebuds" changed over the years and found that the Nobles didn't deliver at a satisfactory level anymore, i just want something fun and and resolving at the same time. Turns out, the Radon 6 was exactly the IEM i was looking for. I could just listen to it after a stressful day at work and unknowingly discover stuff that was not in the recording before.

PS. I can't get them off my ears, its been 4 hours since i put them on.. it is that addictive.

Sep 4, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #5,079 of 6,538
Hey guys is there still room for one Radon 6 owner here? :ksc75smile:

All jokes aside, i'm pretty much blown away with what Fir Audio has done to it. This is my first IEM from them, coming from Noble Audio. Guess my "tastebuds" changed over the years and found that the Nobles didn't deliver at a satisfactory level anymore, i just want something fun and and resolving at the same time. Turns out, the Radon 6 was exactly the IEM i was looking for. I could just listen to it after a stressful day at work and unknowingly discover stuff that was not in the recording before.

PS. I can't get them off my ears, its been 4 hours since i put them on.. it is that addictive.
Amen to that, Dom. My current favorite as well. They do most everything just right. I suggest playing around with different ear tips to get the most out of the kinetic bass. The right tip help the iem fit close to the ear. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #5,080 of 6,538
I’m sure it has been explained before but I can’t look back 5000 posts haha. How does the 4 compare to rn6? Does the 4 have as powerful bass or close to it?

Sep 7, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #5,081 of 6,538
I concur that the RN6/Orphy combo is absolutely killer! I've settled on the black module with this. Dynamic, spacious, detailed and luscious bass.
expand...
These AEX50 are amazing with RN6 but needs the correct orientation otherwise no seal. I think the longer lip on the left IEM must go to the inside and the smaller to the outside. On the right IEM it's exactly I use it. How others orientation of the AEX50 on RN6 is?
Soundwise it's more open and brighter then with SpiralDots++ who kills some highs.
I don't know if it's a good thing that the silicon touches the open port?

PXL_20230907_201313134.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #5,082 of 6,538
These AEX50 are amazing with RN6 but needs the correct orientation otherwise no seal. I think the longer lip on the left IEM must go to the inside and the smaller to the outside. On the right IEM it's exactly I use it. How others orientation of the AEX50 on RN6 is?
Soundwise it's more open and brighter then with SpiralDots++ who kills some highs.
I don't know if it's a good thing that the silicon touches the open port?

PXL_20230907_201313134.jpg
Yeah, that's how I wear them too. I think the picture makes the left one look the opposite, but they're both the same! Very transparent sound, with good bass, on all iems I've used them on.

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #5,084 of 6,538
Anyone else have issue with following this thread but it does not show up in watched feed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back