Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Aug 28, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #5,041 of 6,233
Did you get these? I may have missed a post somewhere.
I did not receive em yet. Have yet to send in impressions as I got busy.

The more I think about it though as I do have the jewel custom I am sorta considering getting rn6 as universal as I alrdy know jewel is my daily. What do you think?

Aug 28, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #5,042 of 6,233
No, its still vented. When you opt for the Atom X all they are doing is moving it around to the front, and attached a large tube with gasket so you can grab it with your finger nails.

It's the same, same venting/openness etc
Interesting to know for people who opt in for no ATOM :thumbsup:

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #5,044 of 6,233
Im using W1 on Xe6 and it was an absolute game changer in terms of pretty much everything. I tried stock tips, symbio W, CP 145, CP 155, Sedna Xelastec and I couldn’t fix the bass bleeding into the mids like crazy no matter what. I was almost sad and very disappointed in Fir Audio/Xe6 that it sounded so recessed in the mids and vocals were completely overshadowed by bass. Then After I finally put on the W1 it was like an ear enlightenment! The bass veiling over everything was gone and it brought a warm „balanced“ bass dominated sound that I LOVE. It fixed absolutely everything. Big soundstage improvement, depth to width actually. Very detailed with great resolution finally deserving to be under the TOTL IEMs. Couldn’t get them out of my ears for a while. There must be some special sauce in those W1 compared to the other choices I really can’t understand. It literally felt like washing your face and eyes after a night full of drinking and waking up with a headache and sticky eyes lol. Really shows how big of a change ear tips can be sonically.

As of rn6 I’m trying out JVC Spiral Dot ++ and it sounded great so far in those 10 minutes I got to listen to since I got them. Unfortunately I’m super busy and no time to do some tip rolling/critical listening to compare to W1. I will post results and impressions on that.

Aug 28, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #5,045 of 6,233
Be careful before you buy it, because not everyone here has a good fit with coreir on RN6 (and other frontier series) because it makes the nozzle longerP_20230827_212252_1.jpg

Very much agree with this. My fav for now still DDHifi eartips. Will give a try to Spiral Dot and Spinfit W1 soon! (with other IEM I quite like W1 for great comfort)

Aug 28, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #5,046 of 6,233
Im using W1 on Xe6 and it was an absolute game changer in terms of pretty much everything. I tried stock tips, symbio W, CP 145, CP 155, Sedna Xelastec and I couldn’t fix the bass bleeding into the mids like crazy no matter what. I was almost sad and very disappointed in Fir Audio/Xe6 that it sounded so recessed in the mids and vocals were completely overshadowed by bass. Then After I finally put on the W1 it was like an ear enlightenment! The bass veiling over everything was gone and it brought a warm „balanced“ bass dominated sound that I LOVE. It fixed absolutely everything. Big soundstage improvement, depth to width actually. Very detailed with great resolution finally deserving to be under the TOTL IEMs. Couldn’t get them out of my ears for a while. There must be some special sauce in those W1 compared to the other choices I really can’t understand. It literally felt like washing your face and eyes after a night full of drinking and waking up with a headache and sticky eyes lol. Really shows how big of a change ear tips can be sonically.

As of rn6 I’m trying out JVC Spiral Dot ++ and it sounded great so far in those 10 minutes I got to listen to since I got them. Unfortunately I’m super busy and no time to do some tip rolling/critical listening to compare to W1. I will post results and impressions on that.
Looking forward to your impressions. I’m now trying the xelastec. For me, tips need to be a total package. So fit and sound.

Aug 28, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #5,047 of 6,233

As for me two the best tips for Xe6 are COREIR (#1) and Spinfit W1 (#2).
They are worth their high prices. Both sound very dynamic, clean and full range.
$40 COREIR is crazy expensive but definitelly an upgrade over W1.

All the rest I tried didn't impressed me with Xe6:
few SpinFits, Xelastec, JVC, Final E (the best with CA Dorado2020, but totally meh with Xe6),
Acoustune AT06, AKG 3003, some chifi - maybe around 20 various over a year.

Here is a great tips page, but not every impression I'd agree with
(i.e. COREIR review suggests they have less bass/midbass, in my case they have more than W1):
https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #5,048 of 6,233
Aug 29, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #5,050 of 6,233
Well, Crinacle has officially jumped the shark.

I was never sure if that guy was politically motivated, spoiling to be the one guy who says the emperor has no clothes (even when the emperor is fully-clothed), or just deaf… and to be honest, I still don’t know, but any doubt that he is at least one of the above has completely vanished.

He scored the entire Frontier series in the D’s. Vindictively, from the NE4 down. This is arguably the most celebrated and lauded model line of the past couple of years, initially on the top of everybody’s Canjam impressions lists -pro reviewers and amateur alike- and then on to top marks reviews and IEM of the year lists on the pro review sites, not to mention near-universal glowing amateur reviews.

Regardless of what one’s personal preferences may be, they are objectively superb IEMs. The measurements alone bear that statement out, even if they aren’t one’s cup of tea.

In the D’s. All of them. Alongside $10 earbuds.

I get that everybody hears differently, and everybody has their likes and dislikes, but there is no objective justification for that. He’s either doing it for a kickback, doing it to be different, or deaf as a post.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #5,051 of 6,233

I was never sure if that guy was politically motivated, spoiling to be the one guy who says the emperor has no clothes (even when the emperor is fully-clothed), or just deaf… and to be honest, I still don’t know, but any doubt that he is at least one of the above has completely vanished.

He scored the entire Frontier series in the D’s. Vindictively, from the NE4 down. This is arguably the most celebrated and lauded model line of the past couple of years, initially on the top of everybody’s Canjam impressions lists -pro reviewers and amateur alike- and then on to top marks reviews and IEM of the year lists on the pro review sites, not to mention near-universal glowing amateur reviews.

Regardless of what one’s personal preferences may be, they are objectively superb IEMs. The measurements alone bear that statement out, even if they aren’t one’s cup of tea.

I get that everybody hears differently, and everybody has their likes and dislikes, but there is no objective justification for that. He’s either doing it for a kickback, doing it to be different, or deaf as a post.
who’s this “Crinacle”, and why should I care? 🤭

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #5,052 of 6,233

I wouldn't worry too much about this... background noise really
:beerchug:

Aug 29, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #5,053 of 6,233

Lets be honest, Crinacle’s opinions haven’t been relevant for a couple years now, at least in the higher end IEM space. He seems to like stuff that’s cheap and measures close to his target. Nothing wrong with that, but I personally wouldn’t take his opinion too seriously on anything that doesn’t fit his criteria.

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #5,054 of 6,233
Lets be honest, Crinacle’s opinions haven’t been relevant for a couple years now, at least in the higher end IEM space. He seems to like stuff that’s cheap and measures close to his target. Nothing wrong with that, but I personally wouldn’t take his opinion too seriously on anything that doesn’t fit his criteria.

That be true, bro. Give it the attention that it deserves. Like how we treat trolls: don’t feed, don’t give attention. :)

Aug 29, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #5,055 of 6,233

I had simillar impression with Xe6+W1 vs. "other tips".
Except COREIR cleans (and expands) even more than W1 - at least in my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back