Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Apr 7, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #4,291 of 6,233
Rn6 exclusive silver on XE6 sounds really good 🤭 I think synergy is great and the silver lifts mid bass full signature quiet nicely – its still there but not as thick and still atmospheric. There's more air for better layering and allowing the instruments to have more detail and definition. Bass has great impact and reverb, and hearing more sub bass. Analog texture comes nicely through and soundstage sounds wider. It's not as spatial as CODE23 but quite enjoyable. Wondering if we could order spare Rn6 cables 🤭

#teamstockcable

I would totally be on board for this .... if they could make it RCX capable :thinking:

#teamstockcable

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #4,292 of 6,233
I would totally be on board for this .... if they could make it RCX capable :thinking:

#teamstockcable
That is the whole point. If Fir can provide an RCX termination, Go for it as I am unaware that other cable vendors can do so.

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #4,293 of 6,233
Fir has RCX to 2 prong convertors, too

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #4,294 of 6,233
WOWOWOWOWOW! Congrats man! And they're custom!! The FiR RNG gods were certainly looking down upon you. Beautiful selection as well. Looks like the matte shells which I am OBSESSED with. Creates such a good seal for isolation. I am so hopeful that @bogdan belonozhko and team decide to sell Rn6's officially as a custom option. I would certainly buy to have along side of my new Xe6 CIEMs which have totally blown my mind.

Thanks! Yes the Matte shells feel so good compared to the A12t which can feel slippery at times. I agree it keeps a good grip on the ear and at first try felt like I was putting foam tips in. This set with vocals has been a pleasant experience. Because the red module is much more open than the others I heard details in songs that I thought were going on around me but saw nothing there lol the details are there for my A12t but for some reason my ears pick up on it much easier and a bit more clearly so I have been A/B ing between both custom sets. I will be taking my time so see their strengths and weaknesses to my library but I am so stoked with these iems and they feel lighter than my A12t

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #4,295 of 6,233
Winning a raffle is the easy part. Knowing what you've actually won is the long game, lol.
What is that Frankenstein cable??? 😮

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #4,296 of 6,233
Apr 7, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #4,297 of 6,233
Hey FiR Fans,

My first post here, but I've been lurking in the shadows for quite a while when I started my research on FiR. You all have been a stellar wealth of information. Love your passion ...... and I mean that in the truest sense of the word given the investments hah. So thank you so much for all of the reviews and impressions. Ya'll are cray cray.

After burning way too many brain cells and synapses, I finally ended up landing on a pair of Xe6 CIEMs. I love ALL the bass ..... but am usually not a fan of mids and generally prefer a V/U shape. I am a drummer after all. That said, holy smokes has my understanding of audio immediately changed after many years as a pro musician. I was considering going with a pair of old faithful 64 a12t's but my better instincts lead me to blindly buy the Xe6 CIEM and sheeeeeeesh am I so glad I listened. I can't get over this sound signature and I absolutely LOVE the mids signature (never said that before) in the Xe6. Absolutely mind blowing and otherworldly. James Blake, Lorn (Maze to Nowhere album is quite an experience in the Xe6's), Radiohead, Fleet Foxes, Ry X ..... the list goes on ..... it's like I'm listening to all of my faves for the first time again. As far as live performance, I have had to make quite an adjustment in the way I EQ my stage monitor, but this CIEM is absolutely a no brainer for performing musicians imho ..... if it can be afforded (took me about 6 years of hard labor to afford this lol). From build quality (RCX is super solid), to the stock cable, to the sound quality .... S-Tier achieved in my book. HOT DANG ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥!

Xe6 ..... never gonna give you up .....

Congratulations! The XE6 is a solid buy!

WOWOWOWOWOW! Congrats man! And they're custom!! The FiR RNG gods were certainly looking down upon you. Beautiful selection as well. Looks like the matte shells which I am OBSESSED with. Creates such a good seal for isolation. I am so hopeful that @bogdan belonozhko and team decide to sell Rn6's officially as a custom option. I would certainly buy to have along side of my new Xe6 CIEMs which have totally blown my mind.

Hopefully, they will make the RN6 available far past limited. It's going to do well in all corners of the audiophile market.

That is the whole point. If Fir can provide an RCX termination, Go for it as I am unaware that other cable vendors can do so.

Yes, FiR provides RCX.

Apr 7, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #4,298 of 6,233
TW-00uvKEQXvEGS1aUeL84_pzMXaL6MJn9WtbBicS3HkKYR4-x6Byh1nn60hbsecBb93f4fUsd6s7ZPqzNbVH_-7R3IEF70l8g=s0-d-e1-ft

Hi,

Thank you for placing your FIR Audio order!
Click here to check the status of your order.

Radon 6

Termination 4.4mm (Standard)
Shipping

Method UPS 2-Day $20
Total:
We appreciate your business,
The FiR Audio Team

Stoked to receive mine! The wait begins!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #4,299 of 6,233
TW-00uvKEQXvEGS1aUeL84_pzMXaL6MJn9WtbBicS3HkKYR4-x6Byh1nn60hbsecBb93f4fUsd6s7ZPqzNbVH_-7R3IEF70l8g=s0-d-e1-ft

Hi,

Thank you for placing your FIR Audio order!
to check the status of your order.

Radon 6

Termination 4.4mm (Standard)
Shipping

Method UPS 2-Day $20
Total:
We appreciate your business,
The FiR Audio Team

Stoked to receive mine! The wait begins!
Congrats!

Just an FYI - delete that “click here” hyper link as it’s live.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #4,301 of 6,233
Apr 8, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #4,304 of 6,233
Congrats!

Just an FYI - delete that “click here” hyper link as it’s live.
Thanks. Fixed. But now you know all about me haha

Apr 9, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #4,305 of 6,233
Got my Rn6. They're fantastic. For context, I own, or have owned, Odyssey, Xe6, Ragnar, Ronin.

Some initial thoughts:

- They're SUPER comfortable. So small & light. It's a nice change from all the massive tri-brids out there (e.g. I was using the Odyssey for a while). I appreciate the metal construction, so that I don't need to worry about them cracking open if I happen to drop them.
- The Symbio tips are great (it's my first time using them). And I'm generally super picky about tips.
- I was surprised at how different they are to the Xe6. The Rn6 do really work with any genre. My Xe6 is still worth keeping around for when I want over-the-top bass and warm lush mids. But the Rn6 will certainly get more listening time.
- This is the first time ever that I can see myself using a stock cable. Sure it's not on par with the multi-kilobuck cables, but even as someone that normally uses multi-kilobuck cables, I can very much enjoy these.
- While the stock cable is extremely competent, the Rn6 do scale up VERY well if you slap something like a Yatono 8w or Orpheus onto it. Yatono, OTL an FTS are all good pairings.
- I really love Fir's open-back-type soundstage. Clearly a key part of the Fir magic. I think of everything I've owned/tried (and even though the soundstage on Ragnar & Ronin is probably at least as wide, maybe even wider for Ragnar), Fir probably does the best job of making my ears think I'm not wearing IEMs.
- Kinetic bass is great. It provides power and impact without being overwhelming (whereas I found the Odyssey BCD bass, for example, too much for extended listening). Rn6 bass impact is obviously a bit behind Xe6, but it's a good balance for most genres.
- Treble is detailed and crisp, just as I like it. Can almost be a tad too much depending on tips, cables and atom module. But it's just right with the proper combo.
- I can see the appeal of the red module, but personally I think I lean more towards silver or black.
- I'm curious about what customs would be like; though I'm fortunate to be blessed with universal ears, and have zero issues with the fit.

Overall, Rn6 is the best "fun" all-rounder that I've heard. I'd call it a mild v-shape tuning, and it's a really lovely combo of impactful sub-bass, clear clean mids and detailed treble (with nothing at all fatiguing about the treble).

Ronin and Mentor have a less colored, more reference-type sound, and certain aspects of the technicalities might edge ahead (e.g. the Ronin has an amazingly natural timbre). But Rn6 provides a bit more of the fun factor, if you don't mind a little bit (not a lot) of coloration, and straying a little bit from "reference". I also feel that the small/light size, metal construction, subtle look and solid/light stock cable might make it better suited as a daily driver; I'd feel less odd going for a walk with the Rn6 than with some other IEMs.

These are extremely well-tuned, very well-priced, and I could happily live with these as my only IEM. Kudos to Fir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back