Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Mar 22, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #4,036 of 6,233
1679521308398.png

Out of the box, a few quick pics and into my ears... Let's see how these do! Love the look of the satin black shells and gold flecked faceplates...

1679521852524.png

1679522083191.png

Mar 22, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #4,037 of 6,233
1679521308398.png

Out of the box, a few quick pics and into my ears... Let's see how these do! Love the look of the satin black shells and gold flecked faceplates...

1679521852524.png

1679522083191.png

Woo hoo!!! Can't wait to read your impressions and thank you for posting better unboxing pics :heart_eyes:

Mar 22, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #4,038 of 6,233
Woo hoo!!! Can't wait to read your impressions and thank you for posting better unboxing pics :heart_eyes:
Haha of course! Don't look too closely though as I think I missed focus on, well, all of these :sweat_smile:. I'm out of practice with my camera and may have been just a bit overly excited to get these into my ears. I'll gather myself and take better shots later... these are beauties!

Stock cable is way more pliable than I had expected it to be based on the pictures. A big step up from the cable that was included with the Neon 4 for sure.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #4,039 of 6,233
Gonna be tough to pull these things out of my canals to join zoom calls for work in a few...
Why would you ever do that?? :)
With that in mind, no, absolutely not. I will not listen to work discussion on any of my 'listening' IEMs or headphones, they are held in signal sanctity!
Oh, right, I see. If you are using a Mac for your Zoom calls, then you need SoundSource to let you mix your tunes in the background of meetings:
https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/

I'm sure there are heaps of PC equivalents, but I have to say this was a game-changer for me WFH, and now back at the office. I'm pretty much never without music which is exactly as it should be :ksc75smile:

Mar 22, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #4,040 of 6,233
The real question is which module are you gonna settle on. Red seems the most spacious and interesting. Silver is not for me. Black seems like neutered silver. Gold is the warmest while silver black also have a similar sound stage.

Between red and gold is the struggle. This is with Sedna Earfit Lights. I despise Symbios/peels 😒 I have a box of em upstairs where the stock tips also went 🤣
20230322_164621.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #4,041 of 6,233
3 pages of unboxing but no listening impressions?

Hmmmm. Maybe that's a bad sign.

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #4,042 of 6,233

Too busy swapping atoms with the same 5 tracks on repeat.
1) Heejin - ViVid (Acoustic)
2) Taylor Swift - Invisible String
3) Qrion - Proud
4) Grateful Dead - Sugar Magnolia
5) Aluna & MK - Kiss It Better (Acoustic)
*Listening on Mojo2 Tidal/Apple Music off my S23 Ultra.*
If you want to hear bass inside and outside your ear: Jack Harlow- First Class 1:40 to 1:53. Bass appearing to move forwards and back towards you: Lana Del Ray - Dark But Just a Game.

Gold is by far the warmest, thickest (in a good way) and satisfying. However, red has the most to hear (if that makes sense); there's so much space with red it's amazing. While red takes some of the low end out, the trade off in separation and timbre for real instruments is addictive as hell (and I love bass).

Last edit for now: Gold grants everything body. Red is extremely spacious but you trade that for body on everything (electronic synths and guitar strings and drum hits) if you queue up Friend of the Devil and listen at 00:11 as the bassline kicks in you'll immediately hear the difference in body.

Can't wait to the measurements for all 4 atom xs modules on the Rn6.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #4,043 of 6,233

Don't think it's a bad sign...but let's hop to it, people!!!

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #4,044 of 6,233

It's definitely part of the vast conspiracy ;p

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #4,045 of 6,233
Don't think it's a bad sign...but let's hop to it, people!!!
I was being facetious, but in all honesty most of the time a new IEM comes out people can't stop themselves from posting "OMG!! THESE ARE THE BEST EVER!!" within minutes (if not seconds) of opening the box.

I guess I'm just surprised to not see any immediate reactions. Folks spent much more time taking pictures and posting them so far rather than actually putting the Radons in their ears!

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #4,046 of 6,233
It's human nature to want to say what you have (especially when almost nobody else has it,) is the best ever.

I'm genuinely curious to see some substantial comparisons to the xe6 from those who have both.

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #4,047 of 6,233

I’ve had my set for not even two hours. Ran through a handful of tracks and now it’s dinner time. Will get more listening time later tonight hopefully.

Initial impressions are very positive (with red module). I never get along with foam filled tips so I swapped on AET07 and fit is spot on like it is with Neon 4. Been a while since I’ve heard Xe6 so I can’t offer any meaningful comparison between the two but these are a clear cut step up from the Neon 4 in many ways. I’ll need more time with them before I post anything that isn’t complete honeymoon gushing, though.

For now, I’ll leave it at “they’re good”… that I can say with confidence. :wink:

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #4,048 of 6,233

2 hours in, Rn6 sounds to my ears sounds "balanced with warmth" – a leaner lower-mids version of Xe6. Bass has more definition and contrast with same impact as Xe6 allowing the sub bass to stand out. Nice clarity in mids and treble that extract more details especially vocals and airy soundstage.

Might had missed my early succinct listening impression in comparison to Xe6. Between chemo and work, I'll dribble out more as I listen over the next couple of days and across various DAPs.

Many are just taking delivery today and with the excitement of it all, you'll probably see more pics, giddiness and not detailed impressions until until later in the week.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #4,049 of 6,233
Just wanna throw out a quick question, how is the isolation on the Rn6? Can other people hear your music in a quiet space easily?

Mar 22, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #4,050 of 6,233
😫 still waiting for UPS to deliver mine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back