Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Feb 14, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #3,662 of 6,538
Feb 15, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #3,665 of 6,538
Would a pure silver occ litz cable for the XE6 tighten up things a bit and de-warm the XE6 a bit?

Has anyone ever tried a pure silver litz on the XE6?

I assume you have XE6 or at least heard it before, along with KR5? If you want sonic changes that are just "a bit", that's what atom module will do, down to the red one, fine tuning the sound. If you want more drastic changes, XE6 might not be the right tuning to begin with and you should probably consider KR5 since no cable going to fix that. Or, wait another week to find out about the new upcoming Firaudio iem which going to hit the sweet spot for those who want something in between.

Otherwise, if my assumption is incorrect and you didn't have a chance to hear XE6 yet and just going by other people's impressions, try to audition it first before investing into cable upgrade. You could do a lot of fine tuning by switching between atom modules and different eartips.

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #3,667 of 6,538
I assume you have XE6 or at least heard it before, along with KR5? If you want sonic changes that are just "a bit", that's what atom module will do, down to the red one, fine tuning the sound. If you want more drastic changes, XE6 might not be the right tuning to begin with and you should probably consider KR5 since no cable going to fix that. Or, wait another week to find out about the new upcoming Firaudio iem which going to hit the sweet spot for those who want something in between.

Otherwise, if my assumption is incorrect and you didn't have a chance to hear XE6 yet and just going by other people's impressions, try to audition it first before investing into cable upgrade. You could do a lot of fine tuning by switching between atom modules and different eartips.
@twister6 Seems you are lucky to try them already 🙂 Will it be side grade from XE6/KR5 or actual upgrade ?

Feb 15, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #3,668 of 6,538
@twister6 Seems you are lucky to try them already 🙂 Will it be side grade from XE6/KR5 or actual upgrade ?

It's another flavor of ice cream with kinetic bass topping, just like KR5 and XE6 :wink:

Feb 15, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #3,669 of 6,538
Has anyone ever tried "no filter"? What are the sonic results?
I tried on XE6 and it is actually very nice, though for me the filters do not make any significant impact on sound.

Feb 15, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #3,670 of 6,538
I didn't think the VxV could sound any better from the RS6. But putting it through the B4-X was a totally different experience! I'm no pro audio reviewer, so I don't know how to describe what I heard. But everything seemed wider, with mids more forward and intimate, and maybe better instrument separation. It was just "🤌🏻 chef's kiss".

Can't wait to try the Aune B1s that's on the way to me and see how it compares.
20230215_161931.jpg
20230215_162101.jpg

Feb 16, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #3,671 of 6,538
I just brought XE6 from Musicteck (thanks to Andrew with great service). I feel that I’m a bass head person right now after I hear XE6. Normal iem with a lot of bass might impact to recessed of Mid and Treble. But for XE6, I don’t feel that way. For sure XE6 is not reference tuning. But it is very fun to listen especially EDM, Drum and Bass.

I use Chiron 8w with XE6 (stock cable is also good) for the combination. I’m waiting my RS8 and let’s see if there is any improvement! With M6U I’m really impressed23DC0AF5-568B-4330-8364-FAE797428204.jpeg
Chiron makes the bass & percussion structure more exciting, & Horus X Chiron is extraordinary too, especially the treble~

Feb 16, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #3,673 of 6,538
because of the heavy weight and fit problems, I had to sell xe6, but... I bought kr5 :)
I haven't seen them in person, but from pictures online they seem about the same shape. So the Kr5 is a better fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back