Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Mar 9, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #2,431 of 6,412
Lllego mi regalooooo, muchas gracias fir audio por este concurso, muchas gracias desde chile
20220307_145426.jpg
IMG-20220307-WA0053.jpg
IMG-20220307-WA0052.jpg

Mar 9, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #2,432 of 6,412
Mar 10, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #2,433 of 6,412
man...these firs are looking sick.

enjoy, guys.

Mar 10, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #2,435 of 6,412
Mar 11, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #2,436 of 6,412
I have the 64 Fourte currently but am considering a switch to a custom XE6. Anyone tried both? I was hoping for something similar but more comfortable and maybe even more bass impact!

Aside from that, is the isolation enough to use while commuting, and flying?

Mar 11, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #2,437 of 6,412
I have the 64 Fourte currently but am considering a switch to a custom XE6. Anyone tried both? I was hoping for something similar but more comfortable and maybe even more bass impact!

Aside from that, is the isolation enough to use while commuting, and flying?

The Fourte is much brighter and more revealing than the XE6

Mar 11, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #2,438 of 6,412
For anyone with Xe6 and Kr5, if you use the least isolating black module, how does the Kr5 (in gold or silver module) compare to it?

To me, Xe6 with black module seem to lose the big subbass and it sounds pretty neutral (less exciting perhaps?). I'm curious if Kr5 is still brighter than that? Perhaps Kr5 in gold has more subbass than Xe6 in black?

TIA for any comments! Just trying to guage the delta between the models...

Mar 11, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #2,439 of 6,412
For anyone with Xe6 and Kr5, if you use the least isolating black module, how does the Kr5 (in gold or silver module) compare to it?

To me, Xe6 with black module seem to lose the big subbass and it sounds pretty neutral (less exciting perhaps?). I'm curious if Kr5 is still brighter than that? Perhaps Kr5 in gold has more subbass than Xe6 in black?

TIA for any comments! Just trying to guage the delta between the models...

KR5 with any module is a lot brighter than XE6 with any module mainly due to how warm the XE6 is in comparison.

To me they’re quite different in their tuning philosophies. KR5 will have more of a sub bass shelf versus the XE6 but it’s not as bassy in general as XE6. The XE6 bass is much bigger and more present.

CCC0CB6B-1208-4880-90E1-6961FB1CC2D8.jpeg

The KR5 bass is more balanced between mid and sub where XE6 to me is more mid bass focused. The KR5 being brighter masks some of that bass quantity up a little to my ears.

Both of them have fantastic bass responses though, the KR5 bass quality is still exceptional. It’s a faster decay/snappier versus the slower and more analogue bass of the XE6.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #2,440 of 6,412
KR5 with any module is a lot brighter than XE6 with any module mainly due to how warm the XE6 is in comparison.

To me they’re quite different in their tuning philosophies. KR5 will have more of a sub bass shelf versus the XE6 but it’s not as bassy in general as XE6. The XE6 bass is much bigger and more present.

The KR5 bass is more balanced between mid and sub where XE6 to me is more mid bass focused. The KR5 being brighter masks some of that bass quantity up a little to my ears.

Both of them have fantastic bass responses though, the KR5 bass quality is still exceptional. It’s a faster decay/snappier versus the slower and more analogue bass of the XE6.
Thanks!!! Very insightful!!! I wonder if Kr5 has similar snappy bass like Odin? Perhaps a little more body with the kinetic bass magic?

As much as I love graphs, I can’t make sense of the mid-treble coloration from the graphs, lol. This is probably one of the most twisted graph...

So there was a comment some time ago from Alexander (page 118) about Kr5 treble being bright and Xe6 treble being neutral and extended. Is this how you hear it? So Kr5 might be brighter but maybe lose some perception of depth and tonal richness compared to Xe6?

Mar 11, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #2,441 of 6,412
Mar 11, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #2,442 of 6,412
Thanks!!! Very insightful!!! I wonder if Kr5 has similar snappy bass like Odin? Perhaps a little more body with the kinetic bass magic?

As much as I love graphs, I can’t make sense of the mid-treble coloration from the graphs, lol. This is probably one of the most twisted graph...

So there was a comment some time ago from Alexander (page 118) about Kr5 treble being bright and Xe6 treble being neutral and extended. Is this how you hear it? So Kr5 might be brighter but maybe lose some perception of depth and tonal richness compared to Xe6?

It's been wayyyy to long since I heard Odin so I wouldn't know to be honest. The kinetic bass magic is definitely there though. Very deep and extended lows with great texture.

Yes, that is exactly how I hear it. The KR5 treble is brighter and more present but it is silky smooth and free of any harshness. It's got more sparkle. It is leaner than the XE6 treble. I also hear the XE6 treble to be neutral/extended, it is smoother to me and slightly better quality than that of the KR5. That's not a knock to the KR5 treble either, it is damn fantastic. I just think XE6 is a smidge above in terms of quality.

Yep, I hear the KR5 to be more of an IEM that focuses on a lot of width where the XE6 to me comes off as more spherical but it's more "in your face" as opposed to the more flatter mid range of the KR5.

Mar 11, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #2,443 of 6,412
It's been wayyyy to long since I heard Odin so I wouldn't know to be honest. The kinetic bass magic is definitely there though. Very deep and extended lows with great texture.

Yes, that is exactly how I hear it. The KR5 treble is brighter and more present but it is silky smooth and free of any harshness. It's got more sparkle. It is leaner than the XE6 treble. I also hear the XE6 treble to be neutral/extended, it is smoother to me and slightly better quality than that of the KR5. That's not a knock to the KR5 treble either, it is damn fantastic. I just think XE6 is a smidge above in terms of quality.

Yep, I hear the KR5 to be more of an IEM that focuses on a lot of width where the XE6 to me comes off as more spherical but it's more "in your face" as opposed to the more flatter mid range of the KR5.

Thanks again for your insight! I really have to hear Kr5 :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back