Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Mar 2, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #2,356 of 6,237
Got a mail from Bogdan this morning with a few photos of these wonderful Kr5s!. And a shipping notice. So I'll have them later this week. Man, they look gorgeous! Kept them clean of logos, though it was a hard choice, because the logos are quite nice and maybe helpful in knowing which side is which. It took exactly three weeks from order to shipping, so they are spot on schedule.
Kr5_ciem_eide.JPEG

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #2,357 of 6,237
So I have got to know that Fir stock in EU is quite uncertain and nobody knows when we are going to receive it.

Are there any alternate routes through which we in EU can get our hands on this new series?
Musicteck :) that's where I got my Kr5

Mar 2, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #2,358 of 6,237
Got a mail from Bogdan this morning with a few photos of these wonderful Kr5s!. And a shipping notice. So I'll have them later this week. Man, they look gorgeous! Kept them clean of logos, though it was a hard choice, because the logos are quite nice and maybe helpful in knowing which side is which. It took exactly three weeks from order to shipping, so they are spot on schedule.
Kr5_ciem_eide.JPEG
Stunning!

Mar 2, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #2,359 of 6,237
What kind of wood is that on those beautiful KR5?

Honestly if I like what I hear from the demos I'm inclined to go full "mvvRAZ" on the design. Ok not full "mvvRAZ" since I won't use his logo on the faceplate :p.

Mar 2, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #2,360 of 6,237

Honestly if I like what I hear from the demos I'm inclined to go full "mvvRAZ" on the design. Ok not full "mvvRAZ" since I won't use his logo on the faceplate :p.
I’d highly recommend going for their “off the menu” matte white - if the reshell for the Kr5 wasn’t like 600$ I’d totally have it remade into that

61815E32-5894-423C-95A8-B671028E6B61.png

Ne4 design already picked out if I like it haha

Mar 2, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #2,364 of 6,237

If you where referring to my previous post with photos of Kr5s, the wood is called "Dark Horse". I must say that the real photos look much better than the one on the iem designer.

Mar 2, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #2,366 of 6,237
@MrLocoLuciano It's been a while since I saw you here! :) How do you like the KR5 with the R8?
Hey bro,
Well not a lot of things to add to what @mvvRAZ said
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/razs-totl-review-and-rambles-thread.916021/post-16792205
I completely agree with Technical Ability and Signature statements.
For Tonality Bass, I would not say it's neutral, but not overdone too. I agree with all other comments.
For Tonality Mids, upper mid-range fits my needs, no tilt to my ears. I find lower mids to be more on the thick side but not overdone neither.
For Tonality Highs, the 8k spike can sometimes be a bit harsh for me, with some few sibilances. But 90% of the time just goes well. I agree with Michael again, highs are really there but very well integrated.

Sum Up : unreal bass and presentation.

Coments based on gold module, others are too analytical to my taste.
R8 on high gain and Turbo Mod, short delay sharp roll-off and Neutron.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #2,368 of 6,237
Look what the UPS guy had for me this morning! Impressive shipping time. This was mailed to me yesterday in Vancouver, WA, and 24 hours later it's on my table in Norway.
Kr5_1.jpg
The packaging is impressive. Very nice design and unboxing experience.
Kr5_2.jpg
And the Kr5s look even better than I had hoped for. They are light but I love the feel of them in my hands...
Kr5_3.jpg

... and in my ears! Perfect finish.
Kr5_4.jpg
When I first got them I just looked at them for five, ten minutes. I was afraid I wouldn't like them. What if they didn't fit. What if they sounded weird to me...
I can tell you now that as I'm typing this I'm listening to Dogs by Pink Floyd with a big smile on my face. And goose bumps all over. Wow!
I need to listen to them much more before I can write my impressions. BUT first impressions are amazing. I've tried and listened to the best of the best out there (like Sennheiser HE-1) and I can't say that I have been more impressed by anything else I have ever listened to. (OK. This is the thrill and endorphins writing, I know that.) I was so afraid of disappointment, and the relief that they are every bit as good as many here has already stated is a HUGE relief! LOVE the tuning of these!

I'll be back with more ramblings after a couple of days listening. :D

Mar 3, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #2,369 of 6,237
Look what the UPS guy had for me this morning! Impressive shipping time. This was mailed to me yesterday in Vancouver, WA, and 24 hours later it's on my table in Norway.
Kr5_1.jpg
Kr5_2.jpg
And the Kr5s look even better than I had hoped for. They are light but I love the feel of them in my hands...
Kr5_3.jpg
Kr5_4.jpg
When I first got them I just looked at them for five, ten minutes. I was afraid I wouldn't like them. What if they didn't fit. What if they sounded weird to me...
I can tell you now that as I'm typing this I'm listening to Dogs by Pink Floyd with a big smile on my face. And goose bumps all over. Wow!
I need to listen to them much more before I can write my impressions. BUT first impressions are amazing. I've tried and listened to the best of the best out there (like Sennheiser HE-1) and I can't say that I have been more impressed by anything else I have ever listened to. (OK. This is the thrill and endorphins writing, I know that.) I was so afraid of disappointment, and the relief that they are every bit as good as many here has already stated is a HUGE relief! LOVE the tuning of these!

That is a dope looking CIEM, congrats!!

That is impressive shipping indeed, mine were shipped too yesterday using UPS Expedited from US to Denmark, but says Monday so far! But anyway Andrew and his team are just fantastic to deal with!

Im happy you're getting that feeling and I know how you feel too! I kept the Phonix box stored as-is locked for 5 days and only opened it later because I couldn't believe I finally had a VE flagship :D Can't wait to get my Firs' now after seeing this!

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #2,370 of 6,237
Kr5_1.jpg
Kr5_2.jpg
Kr5_3.jpg
Kr5_4.jpg

Those look stunning! Look forward to more impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back