Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Sep 27, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #1,651 of 6,233
They say all of the following can already be tried in Russia:
Fir Audio Krypton 5, Fir Audio Neon 4, Fir Audio Xenon 6
IMG_7433 2.jpgIMG_0324.jpgIMG_0325.jpg
Interesting… really interesting 🤨 🧐

A couple curiosities for when these appear to the public:

- What would be the effect of the new driver in the sound?
How does it deals with sweat?
- Does it feel tingling? 😳

I know, those are mostly not soundwise. But I’m genuinely curious. I love innovation.

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #1,652 of 6,233
I was thinking to order cusom m5 but now I am in trouble. our Moscow head-fi shop said they have the whole new lineup of xenon, krypton ect. I am going to visit this shop today and compare new Fir products with my Odins, Canary and A12t. Hoping it would be very interesting)

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #1,653 of 6,233
I was thinking to order cusom m5 but now I am in trouble. our Moscow head-fi shop said they have the whole new lineup of xenon, krypton ect. I am going to visit this shop today and compare new Fir products with my Odins, Canary and A12t. Hoping it would be very interesting)
If you can, post some impressions :) perhaps compare them with the M5s as well?

Sep 30, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #1,654 of 6,233
I with a friend listened m5, xenon 6 and odins and both decided that Odins are better. But xenon definitely was cold, not warmed up, sometimes I felt it worse in many aspects than m5, but I think it has some potential. M5 by the way still behind EE in almost everything except maybe soundstage. I had an idea to sell my universal odins to my friend, he wanted to buy them very much, and order custom xenon /m5, I definitely prefer customs much more than universal, but I decided not to do it, at least not until I will have custom odins. M5 still very very good earphones though, I enjoyed it very much when listened it first, if not directly comparing them to odins they are great. Everything is good, nothing distract from music, all waves are equal and not too much, great tonality, but odins still more engaging. 20210930_174625.jpg

Oct 24, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #1,657 of 6,233
Anyone have an RMA experience they can share with FiR?

I have a VxV that needs to be sent back, since it started developing a buzz upon touch and movement in the right year.

Think it's a driver issue, with something being unseated.

Thanks very much!

Oct 24, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,658 of 6,233
Anyone have an RMA experience they can share with FiR?

I have a VxV that needs to be sent back, since it started developing a buzz upon touch and movement in the right year.

Think it's a driver issue, with something being unseated.

Thanks very much!
More of a cosmetic issue with mine. One of the nozzles had a dent/burr so it had a sharp edge to the touch. Contacted Fir and they sent me a new set along with a return label to cover the cost to send the RMA pair back to them. Easy peezy, no hassles and smooth as butter. Pretty refreshing because some companies still expect the buyer to cover shipping on an RMA return.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #1,659 of 6,233
More of a cosmetic issue with mine. One of the nozzles had a dent/burr so it had a sharp edge to the touch. Contacted Fir and they sent me a new set along with a return label to cover the cost to send the RMA pair back to them. Easy peezy, no hassles and smooth as butter. Pretty refreshing because some companies still expect the buyer to cover shipping on an RMA return.

Great to hear. Thanks, bud.

Nov 2, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #1,663 of 6,233
Just a short note from a new user of the VxV. I am relatively new to iems, though I have been a 2-channel person for decades, so I know what I am looking for in terms of sound.

I had the Thieaudio Monarch before this. My dap is the DX300 and I found the Monarch unlistenable after some time. I suppose I have sensitive ears, because the Monarchs sounded harsh and frankly unpleasant after about half an hour of use. I have only read about a few other people who experienced them in this way, so I assume it is because of a particular sensitivity on my part, because the DX300 is not harsh at all and won't be the reason the Monarch's sounded so unpleasant.

Now I have the VxV and listening is a complete pleasure. I tried the 64 Audio u6t for a few weeks and found those a little more refined than the VxV in the trebble but darker and with a somewhat bloated bass. I could have lived with the u6ts but the VxV sound more balanced to me, almost as subtle, and with a bass that is better defined.

I listen some three to four hours a day, mostly to world music and classical, and the VxVs work for both, in that they have plenty of detail but always also convey the emotion and never cause listening fatigue.

Frankly, it has been quite an eye-opener to read about all the praise the Monarch gets, because to my ears there is simply no contest between them. I wonder if it is because of the ATOM system taking some of the pressure out of the listening, or whether it is the tubeless BAs that suit my listening style. I am not questioning the Monarchs sound brilliant to others, but it has made me realize how different we experience iems.

When I listen to music, I want to be listening to the artist and not to the iem. Quite a few reviewers mentioned they were being drawn into the music rather than focus on the iem. I really enjoy reading people's descriptions of what the different iems sound like and understand that they would have different iems for different types of music and enjoy savouring their differences. But for someone like me, who cannot afford multiple iems and just wants to connect with the music, the VxVs are absolutely brilliant.

Nov 6, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #1,665 of 6,233

Users who are viewing this thread

Back