Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
May 17, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #6,256 of 6,416
which module do you use the xenon 6 with? how big is the difference between them? does it only affect the sub bass? what material is the factory cable made of exactly? can it be bought separately? if so, what is its exact name? is there an audible difference compared to custom cables, or is your factory cable already high-end? I somehow find it hard to imagine that they create an IEM with such amazing sound quality as the xenon 6 and degrade its performance with a bad factory cable.
I am using Silver module and yes, these modules provide different isolation and hence different bass response. Start with silver and then roll them to see for yourself.
here are the details of Fir Cable and yes you can buy a cable on its own.
https://www.firaudio.com/store/fir-cable

Default cable is good and you can just live with it and not worry about changing cable unless you hang around threads where someone will say to get better cable to get that last 0.005% out of your IEM.

May 17, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #6,258 of 6,416
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The difference between stock cable and others might be a little more then 0.005% . just saying 🍀
I was calming his nerves as he seemed overwhelmed 😀
I’m using 03rd party cable myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 17, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #6,265 of 6,416
The Rn6 cable, combined with the red module, can make Xe6 a very different beast that has more air, and yeah, less bass, but still copious amounts as always.

May 17, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #6,266 of 6,416
The Rn6 cable, combined with the red module, can make Xe6 a very different beast that has more air, and yeah, less bass, but still copious amounts as always.
I have not tried that, excellent idea!!!!!

May 17, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #6,267 of 6,416
I am using my Xe6 with stock cable and kinda happy, but wondering which ones are you guys rolling?

May 17, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #6,270 of 6,416
I'm using an rn6 cable with a red module on the xe6 and it's definitely a different beast that pleasantly surprised me☺️
Who got you to try that!? 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back