Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jan 12, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #5,941 of 6,244
This is already known and stated on the FiR Audio technologies page.

“A bass you not only hear, but can also feel.”

FiR Frontiers use hybrid conduction, where you can hear with both, air conduction and bone conduction.

Bass is being transmitted through both the Kinetic Bass (bone conduction) and IEM nozzle (air conduction).
Thank you for clarification!

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #5,942 of 6,244
Hello,

I owned a Rn6 and this is my first Fir Audio IEM.

On my Rn6 ATOM holes, I noticed that there is a paint left in the hole and after researching from some reviews online, this is most likely because the ATOM module paint is starting to chip away.

So, I emailed to us@firaudio.com, never got any reply.

After that, by reading on this headfi thread, I emailed to Jessica on 11th December 2023, and got a reply that she's asking me to provide my full address and proof of purchase, I replied and she said that she will send me a replacement of ATOM modules regarding this issue.
But, after several time of waiting, I have no email or confirmation about the shipment.

The last email that I sent to Jessica was on 9th January 2024, and never got any reply until today.
I was asking for confirmation and an AWB if the ATOM module is on the way.

Could you please help look into it? @bogdan belonozhko

Thanks in advance!

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #5,943 of 6,244
Hello,

I owned a Rn6 and this is my first Fir Audio IEM.

On my Rn6 ATOM holes, I noticed that there is a paint left in the hole and after researching from some reviews online, this is most likely because the ATOM module paint is starting to chip away.

So, I emailed to us@firaudio.com, never got any reply.

After that, by reading on this headfi thread, I emailed to Jessica on 11th December 2023, and got a reply that she's asking me to provide my full address and proof of purchase, I replied and she said that she will send me a replacement of ATOM modules regarding this issue.
But, after several time of waiting, I have no email or confirmation about the shipment.

The last email that I sent to Jessica was on 9th January 2024, and never got any reply until today.
I was asking for confirmation and an AWB if the ATOM module is on the way.

Could you please help look into it? @bogdan belonozhko

Thanks in advance!
Im still waiting for my red module replacement too, been email with Jessica since 12 May 2023 and 29 July 2023 ( Never got any reply )
and imessage with Cody since 14 Aug 2023 ( He said that more modules were sent to Indonesia dealer) , 8 November 2023 ( Cody said that transit times can be lengthy) , and until when my dealer get fir e12 demo set ( 8 december 2023), there are no module replacement for me and 13 December 2023 i message Cody again ( this one never got any reply ).

At this point, i just give up to asked them about the module replacement and have lost interest in their product going forward.

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #5,944 of 6,244
This is already known and stated on the FiR Audio technologies page.

“A bass you not only hear, but can also feel.”

FiR Frontiers use hybrid conduction, where you can hear with both, air conduction and bone conduction.

Bass is being transmitted through both the Kinetic Bass (bone conduction) and IEM nozzle (air conduction).
Ok, fine by me, but what does that mod have to do with it? In what way should the ring play a role? The nozzle doesn't vibrate.

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #5,945 of 6,244
Ok, fine by me, but what does that mod have to do with it? In what way should the ring play a role? The nozzle doesn't vibrate.

First, no need to be short. Second, my reply wasn't addressing the mod – TBH I glazed over that. For most, there isn't a misunderstanding of how Kinetic Bass works and that FiR Frontiers use hybrid conduction for bass – it's being rehashed.

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #5,946 of 6,244
Look, i dont want to convince here anyone. I wrote in case someone has issues with the RN6/XE6.
The rings helped me to improve the RN6. If it works for you or anyone else, it another question.

Regarding the Kinetic Driver. FIR says that it transmits the kinetic energy over air over the backfiring driver to your cartilage.
While this statement is true, i belive also that it transmits vibrations over the IEM nozzle, because Kinetic driver means for me kinetic energy. Kinetic energy is movement/vibration first, sound second. It has to go anywhere.
The IEM shell is not like a inert speaker cabinet which absorbs all the kinetic energy/resonance from the drivers. So i think a part of this kinetic energy is transmitted over the IEM shell/nozzle into your ear.
Having the ring behind the tip, seals the tip, stiffens its position, increases the contact surface = better transmission.

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #5,947 of 6,244
Look, i dont want to convince here anyone. I wrote in case someone has issues with the RN6/XE6.
The rings helped me to improve the RN6. If it works for you or anyone else, it another question.

Regarding the Kinetic Driver. FIR says that it transmits the kinetic energy over air over the backfiring driver to your cartilage.
While this statement is true, i belive also that it transmits vibrations over the IEM nozzle, because Kinetic driver means for me kinetic energy. Kinetic energy is movement/vibration first, sound second. It has to go anywhere.
The IEM shell is not like a inert speaker cabinet which absorbs all the kinetic energy/resonance from the drivers. So i think a part of this kinetic energy is transmitted over the IEM shell/nozzle into your ear.
Having the ring behind the tip, seals the tip, stiffens its position, increases the contact surface = better transmission.
Thanks for sharing.

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #5,949 of 6,244
Where can I find these dual iem pouches or any idea what they’re called? Looks like a great way to store them when moving about.
Your brant ET would be Eletech. Usually the iem pouches are from when you purchase iems. Most of them come with the pouch to support and protect the iem in storage or are included in the box. Hope it helps.

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #5,950 of 6,244
@mgsu Makes 100% sense with my experience ( with seal, contact position and grade of it )
I think thats also the reason why all CIEM (even CIEM without BCD or KD) has better SQ than IEM.
Because there is always resonance from drivers that a CIEM (bigger contact area) can better transfer over the cartilage to your ear.
IEMs are by far not as good in this regard because of the tip.

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #5,951 of 6,244
Your brant ET would be Eletech. Usually the iem pouches are from when you purchase iems. Most of them come with the pouch to support and protect the iem in storage or are included in the box. Hope it helps.

Electech IEM (3) pouches are only available and included with their leather Companion cases – they're just generic IEM pouches with brand tag, like ET, CFA color IEM bags, EE, etc.

Link was shared to OP where they could purchase 8-9 from AliExpress for the price of once branded:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mt5aMuu

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #5,952 of 6,244
@mgsu quite a moltitude of reasons

in case of xe6 ciem the shell is very lightweight , resin ( it is metal in uiem) : material composing the shell is different and it *might* be relevant for final listening experience and sound outcome too

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #5,953 of 6,244
Watercooler what ear tips work the best for you with the RN6?

i find that the included tips with the RN6 work better if they have the stem attached the black/orange ones. They work the best for the kinetic bass as it helps with the contact.

I tried the RN6 with some foam ear tips. It sounds better, I suspect this is due to deeper insertion depth. Looking for something that will be helpful with the kinetic bass but still be comfortable. Any suggestions?

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #5,954 of 6,244
Watercooler what ear tips work the best for you with the RN6?

i find that the included tips with the RN6 work better if they have the stem attached the black/orange ones. They work the best for the kinetic bass as it helps with the contact.

I tried the RN6 with some foam ear tips. It sounds better, I suspect this is due to deeper insertion depth. Looking for something that will be helpful with the kinetic bass but still be comfortable. Any suggestions?
AZLA SednaEarfit Short/Light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back