Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Feb 25, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #2,311 of 6,538
ezgif-4-1f7b46d2e8.gif

Feb 25, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #2,312 of 6,538
Feb 26, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #2,314 of 6,538
Feb 26, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #2,319 of 6,538
It's been two weeks since I placed my order and sent them 3D scans of the impressions. They haven't started building my Kr5s yet... but hopefully soon. (Just to give you an update on how long you can expect to wait.) They state a build time of 3 weeks on their web page.
There’s been cases where the tracking was behind the actual order. Apologies for that. Rest assured the order did move along. It should be completed and shipped next week according to our schedule at the moment.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Feb 26, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #2,320 of 6,538
There’s been cases where the tracking was behind the actual order. Apologies for that. Rest assured the order did move along. It should be completed and shipped next week according to our schedule at the moment.
Any idea how long till EU dealers will get their stock? Whenever I ask my dealer he says 2 weeks and it's been more than a month, just curious!

Feb 26, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #2,323 of 6,538
Had the pleasure of hearing the entire FiR Frontier lineup today at CanJam. I was impressed with all 3 sets but the XE6 stole my heart (and soon, my wallet most likely 🤦🏻‍♂️). It’s somehow warm, thick and enveloping but also spacious and detailed. The bass is wildly good. FiR nailed this one IMO. The tuning is divisive based on the feedback I was hearing at the show, but I had to go back for second listen after hearing some other heavy hitters and it still had me won over.

@aaf evo you aren’t kidding when you say it’s addictive. The Kr5 is maybe the better choice (or Neon 4, for that matter) for the full breadth of my library, but there’s just something special about the XE6.

Fit and finish is top notch on the entire line. The shells are smaller than I had expected them to be based on pictures. Also, they fit me like a glove. Easily as comfortable as my Nio’s which means all day listening with zero fatigue.

2B9F2334-9F3D-4B8D-BC12-11A52878F6D7.jpeg

Feb 26, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #2,324 of 6,538
Had the pleasure of hearing the entire FiR Frontier lineup today at CanJam. I was impressed with all 3 sets but the XE6 stole my heart (and soon, my wallet most likely 🤦🏻‍♂️). It’s somehow warm, thick and enveloping but also spacious and detailed. The bass is wildly good. FiR nailed this one IMO. The tuning is divisive based on the feedback I was hearing at the show, but I had to go back for second listen after hearing some other heavy hitters and it still had me won over.

@aaf evo you aren’t kidding when you say it’s addictive. The Kr5 is maybe the better choice (or Neon 4, for that matter) for the full breadth of my library, but there’s just something special about the XE6.

Fit and finish is top notch on the entire line. The shells were smaller than I had expected them to be based on pictures. Also, they fit me like a glove. Easily as comfortable as my Nio’s which means all day listening with zero fatigue.

Glad you like them! I’ve been spending time with the CIEM Kr5 I got yesterday. The Frontier series release might be the best of all time for me. Both of these IEMs are just awesome.

How was the Neon 4? Do I need it? 😂

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #2,325 of 6,538
Glad you like them! I’ve been spending time with the CIEM Kr5 I got yesterday. The Frontier series release might be the best of all time for me. These IEMs are just awesome.

How was the Neon 4? Do I need it? 😂
The matte white looks so good on your custom Kr5!

Honestly, I got through 2 tracks with the Neon 4 and was ready to have the Xenon 6 back in my ears 😅. Don’t get me wrong, they’re a nice sounding set and the kinetic bass is still doing it’s thing. They’re quite balanced to my ear with good extension on both ends. They're just missing the unique tonality and smooth yet detailed treble that makes the Xe6 so good, and the bass isn’t quite as impactful or textured. I also felt they had a slightly smaller stage which I guess is to be expected seeing as the kinetic bass port cutout is slightly smaller in diameter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back